Anyone heard of Westchester Capital?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by stbruce, Jun 20, 2006.

1. stbruce

stbruce

Just wondering if anyone has heard about Westchester Capital?

2. Tide31

Tide31

They are an Event-driven mainly risk arb fund with I believe about $1.3 billion under management in Armonk or Katonah, NY up in Westchester County - about 30 miles north of NYC. Their results can be found in any newspaper's mutual fund section under 'Merger Fund'. Very conservative low vol, low return. Fred Green and Bonnie Smith are the fund managers.

3. stbruce

stbruce

Thanks for the reply Tide, I was refering to the prop shop though, not the money managers. Have you or anyone heard of the prop firm Westchester Capital. I have found Westchester Capital Planners on NASD website, but that seems to be different.

4. JamesB

JamesB

Hey bruce do you mean the prop traders in Milwaukee, WI?

5. stbruce

stbruce

Yeah that was what I was talking about, any thoughts?

6. JamesB

JamesB

I got contacted for an interview yesterday. Did some research on the Internet. However something isn't quite right. I've got some #'s to call on Monday, so I'll know more then. What's your interest?

7. stbruce

stbruce

I was looking to get on board with them, and I just have not really met anyone who has any experiance or knowledge of the firm. Its exciting that you are going to interview with them

8. stbruce

stbruce

I am intrested in what you feel is not right with them, I am skeptical about most things so I would love to hear your take on them. You can send me a private message if you would rather not talk about it in the forum.