Anyone heard of these brokers "Internation Brokers" based in Belize

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rolando87, May 4, 2012.

1. Found these guys: http://ibworldwide.com/

Not sure if they are legit or not. Anyone vouch for them? Apparently founded by the creators of Broad Street Trading. Not sure I'd trust my money going to Belize.

I'm looking for a broker that offers 10-1 leverage for US equities holding overnight with cheap commissions. I'm based in Canada but don't mind handing my money to an offshore broker.

If anyone has any leads on such a broker? I know various prop firms that offer this but looking for alternatives.

2. You must be kidding -- Belize? Why not send the freakin' wire transfer to Nigeria!

3. this seems like a silly question, but where is their account located? perhaps just the office is in belize and their account may be located in the us. there are quite a few offshores broker dealers set up this way, somehow

4. Why do you need 10:1 leverage?

5. +1

On second thought, +100

6. I sent them an email to see if I could wire them 3 million.

the reply should be comical

7. When I first ventured into stocks, a guy over the internet offered to setup an account with a broker for me. I just had to wire €5000 to egypt, that was all :p

8. Yeah I wasn't planning on forking over any money unless people here can vouch for them. It does feel a bit scammy but I guess all off shore brokers would be hard to trust given their location though. But the sketchy location brings about other benefits such as no regulation.

At least they invested funds in a decent website haha.

I need 10-1 leverage because my strategy would work well with it and I make more money. 5-1 leverage is acceptable too.

If anyone knows any reputable firms that can offer this please let me know.

Anyways thanks for the opinions.

9. Rolando, I'll try to say this in a helpful way without sarcasm. You need to toughen up your view of the brokerage world or you will be eaten alive. If God recommends a firm in Belize or anyplace else where the electricity only works 18 hours a day tell him to send his money there and report back in a year. If he says they did not rob him tell him he is an asshole and just walk away because he is lying to you.

You cannot survive (and I mean survive not prosper) unless you seek quality brokers operating within an established regulatory regime. Even then, keep your back to the wall and if you drop the soap let it lay, rinse off and hope to get a fresh bar tomorrow. This is Ali Babba and the 40,000 thieves. Blink and your in danger ... snooze and you lose. You can take these words to the bank. Welcome to the corner of Wall and LaSalle.

QUOTE]Quote from rolan***7:

Yeah I wasn't planning on forking over any money unless people here can vouch for them. It does feel a bit scammy but I guess all off shore brokers would be hard to trust given their location though. But the sketchy location brings about other benefits such as no regulation.

At least they invested funds in a decent website haha.

I need 10-1 leverage because my strategy would work well with it and I make more money. 5-1 leverage is acceptable too.

If anyone knows any reputable firms that can offer this please let me know.

Anyways thanks for the opinions.
    [/QUOTE]

#10     May 7, 2012