Anyone heard of Sherwood Futures Group?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by PohPoh, May 24, 2005.

1. These guys have been calling me for like 2 years, every 2 months, asking me to pay $200 RT to trade options with them on trades that the never seem to win
    My buddy in construction down the street also has been getting calls from them
    Anyone ever heard anything about them, good or bad?

2. they are just begging to be DK'ed.

3. What does DK'd mean?

4. oh yeah. i used them once. high prices. they don't take profits, and when they do, they don't want to send you any money. instead they buy two or three times the number you bought in the first place at a strike way out of the money.

i heard the boss, george simeran, is a real filanderer with the lady brokers. got himself a few lawsuits, but you know, he has the money to settle. my broker over there told me all the gossip. i figure it's quite the place to be if you like a little intrigue, but don't use them if you want to make money.

owner is a bit of a contrarian i heard. if soybean prices is going up, he likes to play them down. if oil prices is going up, he likes to play them down. oil prices down? did he look at a chart recently?

i don't think it's worth the two hundred bucks an option. but if you can get a broker to give ya the inside scoop, well maybe it is....

yeah. sherwood futures group in thousand oaks, ca. i lost a pretty penny. and i'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat.

hey. i have a question for y'all. if i called them and wanted to get out of a trade, and they said no, is that legal?

5. He probably supports his contrarian habit off the backs off the few jokers left willing to pay $200 commissions.