Anyone heard of DV Trading from Toronto?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by symee1000, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Hi Brownsfan -

I'm not sure I understand why you have so much anger towards someone providing prop firm information in a prop firm forum. I would have thought that participants reading threads in a "Prop firm" forum would expect (and enjoy) to read information regarding various "Prop firms". But I guess you can't please everyone...

Secondly, the way this forum works is, Bright Trading pays Barron a monthly fee for the exclusive right to formally advertise in the "prop firm" forum; therefore, I can not advertise in this forum even if I wanted to.

Thirdly, we only look to bring on 5-7 traders per year and work with them closely to ensure each trader reaches his/her maximum potential - it is in our best interest to do so. We are not interested in bringing in traders "by the masses". Therefore, I only wish to use this forum to answer questions that anyone has regarding our firm.

Again, I enjoy passing on information regarding our firm to anyone who is interested. So if you (or anyone else) has any other questions, feel free to contact me via email.

Regards,

Dino Verbrugge

#21     Mar 2, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

Dino,

Welcome to the forum it's nice to see a local (toronto) company in the mix.

Let me know when your able to do Equities trading and I will come by and visit.

#22     Mar 2, 2007
  3. Dino,

It's simple, read my previous post:

Now you are saying that it's purely a coincidence that 'someone' posted a question about your firm and that you just happen to be on the boards for the first time ever and responded to it.

That's not a coincidence Dino. You may not have been the direct person that posted the first post, but it's safe to assume that you know who did. I mean, come on, I realize you are being called out and now you have to pretend like you had no idea who the first post was, but it's pretty obvious.

This little 'free spam' has been done many, many times on ET so don't think you created a way to receive free ad space.

As for advertisting here, I am sure that there are MANY ways Baron could put together an ad package for you. MANY. So, to say that Bright is the only prop that can advertise, I find that hard to believe. For example, look at the firms that are on the forum: thinkorswim (broker), IB (broker), speedtrader (broker), genesis (broker), Cybertrader (broker). There's a handful of sponsors that are all brokers. See a common trait there? And they are all sponsors here.... interesting...

I guess I am venting here b/c it's frustrating when someone comes on and spams the board and then has to back away b/c they were called out. Everything you've said about why it's ok to spam here is simply not true.

But, it is what it is and it's time to trade.

#23     Mar 2, 2007
  4. virgin

virgin

yes, there are other ways to advertise(and since you are succesful, you have no problems with paying for it) and
    we have seen the trick with those first time questioning posters many,many times (I think it's the most used trick by spammers) :cool:

Hey, I am helping you in your free advertising, mate !:eek:

#24     Mar 2, 2007
  5. I agree Brownsfan... "it is what it is" and we can agree to disagree... it is in fact "time to trade".

Good luck today!

#25     Mar 2, 2007
  6. Hi Joab - thanks for the welcome.

#26     Mar 2, 2007
  7. azmi

azmi

all i am saying is - if the guy wants to advertise...however inappropriate his means of advertising might be....let him. This is a forum for communicating with other traders right? So many posts on various forums start of talking about charts and views on currencies, equities etc....very soon they become unnecessarily offensive, disinformative and essentially mud-slinging competitions because one person doesnt agree with anothers view, or the credibility of a prop firm, or the nuances in a new trading system etc..etc..

From most of the chat forums that I have seen on other sites, Elite is probably the most popular one, with the most users I think (but I could be wrong as I am not a regular). I find it strange that so many people resort to a (for lack of a better word) "unprofessional" attitude toward others.

It doesnt help..thats my point. But then again..i am not a regular..so just giving my 2 cents...

Happy trading.

#27     Mar 2, 2007

8. Who the F%ck asked for your two cents? You sound like more of a shill then my buddy Dean!:D

#28     Mar 2, 2007
  9. oi TM post a pic of your trading floor...

#29     Mar 2, 2007
  10. azmi

azmi

hahahaha - now why was I expecting that

#30     Mar 2, 2007