Anyone heard of currensee.com?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 14, 2009.

1. that is such bogus, I cannot even believe you try to convince others of this bollocks. You are such apparent snake oil salesman I am shocked some newbies even talk to you in a seriously interested manner.

I was never asked for login and passwords or confirmation to find and network with like-minded buddies. Your intentions and motivations are very different from how you communicate them, that is apparently clear.

#31     Jul 21, 2010
  2. asafyigal

asafyigal

LP,

No one can see position size, this information is not even being shown to you as we are not a trading platform.

If someone becomes your friend they can see your real time positions and you can see theirs - this is our basis of collaboration - you don't need to accept anyone's friend request and you can always remove other traders from being your friend if you feel that you are not getting help in return.

-- Asaf.

#32     Jul 21, 2010
  3. asafyigal

asafyigal

Atticus,

There is aggregation stats that we give for free and it's a real-time sentiment of the entire community, you can't see the volume but you can see how many open positions, what percentage of the volume is either Long or Short and what is the average entry price for the Long trades and the Short trades.

in the future we would also be releasing real-time market depth of the community.

-- Asaf.

#33     Jul 21, 2010
  4. lol, my friend, this is not about what others can see, this is about what YOU can see with full access to others accounts. Let's keep things simple and clear buddy...

#34     Jul 21, 2010
  5. so do you deny that YOU at least have the ability to see the volume of all the registered users of which you already extract number of open positions, sentiment, longs/shorts...?

You basically want to re-invent the sell-side broker model with added feature tilted in your favor, I really do not have a clue how not everybody can clearly see that.

#35     Jul 21, 2010
  6. OK, thanks. Is the position data available to anyone who visits the site, or members-only?

#36     Jul 21, 2010
  7. not trying to tease you, but is this an honest question? Why would anyone sign up and give away their private info if they can get the information without being registered members. Maybe I misunderstand the whole business model but I thought its pretty apparent...

#37     Jul 21, 2010
  8. asafyigal

asafyigal

Position information is only available to members - so these are people that have registered and have linked a real account.

We only require credentials if you trade with FXCM, Forex.com, OANDA and MBTrading and they are all partners with Currensee for almost two years. For the other MT4 brokers that we support you need to download an EA which can be run with investor credentials and send information to Currensee so you can share this information with other members.

How do we make money?

1) We are an Introducing broker for many brokers and are regulated by the NFA - this means that for every customer that we introduced to a broker we get an ongoing commission - we have up until now introduced maybe 100 new customers to brokers out of the 10,000+ real accounts in the community

2) We sell Ad space on the site

3) We work with legitimate coaches, book authors, trading room instructors etc. to sell their products in the community - we help these people reach members and we do the due-diligence to make sure they are legit and are not misleading traders with false promises - after all because we are a member of the NFA we carry the responsibility for these individuals. To this point we probably sold more than 1000 products and we make a small commission by selling these products.

4) We are about to release a program which is called TradeLeader program in which traders would be able to automatically follow successful traders in the community - We are selecting the successful traders based on performance and we also do background checks and closely monitor these guys. The goal of this program is to allow individual traders that are good at it to reach investors and to allow investors to participate in this market without actually knowing anything about Forex. The program is going to launch later in the year.

I hope that helped.

-- Asaf.

#38     Jul 21, 2010
  9. OK, so ostensibly I could register with my account details and have access to the aggregator w/o allowing anyone direct access to my specific position data. Obviously, that's not the intent of the model.

#39     Jul 21, 2010
  10. see, I knew it gets better. I bet those brokers are gonna bid hard dollars for the "losers" among your members.

Think about this: If someone makes money trading currencies why would he come to your website and give away his login and password which may even be stolen off your website/database, depending on the iq level of your programmers. You may not know this but there are already 1000 of dirt flies chasing the ass of any successful trader, why does he need one more???

#40     Jul 21, 2010