Anyone heard of currensee.com?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 14, 2009.

1. I love conspiracy theories. Bear with me.
    Think about it, most, if not all of the brokers they partner with, use MT4.
    This company has individual position access ability.
    A broker spikes a price (in theory) to hit stops on their own customers. A Currensee customer gets his stop hit. When this happens, everyone who was stopped-out, rushes to look at other price feeds, also partners of Currensee.
    If I were FXCM or Alpari etc., what would it be worth, to me, to see other brokers' open risk?
    Looking at the Currensee site,they seem a little miffed that Oanda won't work with them. Makes me like my silly Java charts just a little more:p

#11     Nov 15, 2009
  2. How would you exploit that info though, and why?

Most brokers (bucketshops) have a risk threshold above which they hedge exposure, they learned a lesson after that Aug 2004 NFP! :)

It's interesting Oanda wouldn't join though.....

#12     Nov 15, 2009

3. Peil, rather than ragging on you, please use the wisdom that is already available to you. So before you sign up, apply the following

Matt 10:16
    1 John 5:19
    Prov 23:4,5
    Eccl 7:12

The Ever Trying To Help The Inexperianced Ones VIPER

#13     Nov 15, 2009
  4. hmm...maybe i will just open a demoaccount somewhere and use that username & password. Maybe that will work then. :) let them try to steal my fake money. Although they are registered with the NFA...but then again, that doesnt mean they wouldnt take control of everyones account and make orders to move the market or something crazy like that. Back when i had my real estate license, I saw an escrow company in business for a few years have 1 month where they were supposed to close 12 million dollars worth of property and the company just up and took the money and ran.

#14     Nov 15, 2009
  5. It would just scare the livin out of me to give access to people I don't know.

The Ever Livin VIPER

#15     Nov 15, 2009
  6. JDL

JDL

FU. :p

#16     Nov 15, 2009
  7. jorgez

jorgez

What are you hoping to achieve

#17     Nov 15, 2009
  8. speres

speres

well that just says it all, they want people who use mt4..........

#18     Nov 16, 2009
  9. cfets

cfets

any update about currensee ? i saw oanda linked with them , but the safety issue is still a big concern in my view

#19     Mar 25, 2010
  10. lasner

lasner

First of all I would never give out my username and password....why do they even need this. You do need to security questions to access your account it's not just username and password.

Second of all I'm sure most of the traders on there don't know what they are doing and are losing money.

#20     Mar 25, 2010