Anyone heard about Title Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by karuio, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Well, like I said in another thread, I got interviewed twice from two different people at Title and didn't get in. And I believe it's because they have a false impression of what my intentions are and my potential.

From what I was told, it's a 40 percent payout for the first $25,000 and 50% after that. I saw they either had a choice of 3 or 4 screens. Other than that, I was told there were no prop firms inside of Quebec outside of the city of Quebec and Montreal except the one Titletrading in Sherbrooke. It's a shame they didn't take me because I can walk there in 10 minutes.
    And I don't want to move to a large city.

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with Title Trading. They have a general employment email address on the website, but that could be sent to an office in Asia for all I know. I have not heard a reply after sending through this address. I want to get into one of the Toronto area offices. How did you get in contact with them? Are there separate office emails that you found?

#12     Jan 17, 2008
  3. wucah

wucah

The head office will reroute you to the proper office, just indicate your preference of location.

#13     May 21, 2008
  4. wucah

wucah

Their corporate office is in the USA and they are licensed with NASD. Their operations office is in Canada. They do not trade Canadian exchanges therefore do not need to be registred with OSC, QSC. As far as I know they are registred with them under their corporate name "titletrading" is a brand name so it won't come under your search. Bright Trading has a license becasue they take money from people and do not offer payout split therefor are a retail operation.

Please do not spread missinformation if you do not know anything about the subject matter.

#14     May 21, 2008
  5. LOL, don't get me in the middle of all this....LOL.

A little friendly clarification.......

We are all legal in BC. The OSC does not allow U.S. trading firms. I met with them (again) in January. We have no offices in any other Province but BC.

The profit split comment is actually backwards. They do allow the "employee" type trader (I met with my friend Charles Kim who owns Swift with Peter Beck in January as well...he explained it from his vantage point), but not the independent trader who receives his/her profits without a split.

The "retail" operation is also incorrect. "Retail" brokers (IB, Ameritrade, etc.) cannot allow use of Capital above standard leverage.

Things change, and I sincerely hope to work out something in the other Provinces...a lot of talented traders have had to move to the US to trade with us...and I'm sure there are many more good traders in Canada.....and I like going to Canada, LOL.

All the best all,

Don

P.S. All I know about Title is from a couple of their traders that I met with...so I have no comment one way or the other...they're probably fine.

#15     May 21, 2008
  6. jazzsax

jazzsax

I'm sure you could have a workaround if you somehow setup a canadian company that acted as a shell with a joint venture agreement to use your use company as the fullfillment house for orders? Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could be talking out of my ass.

The OSC is one of the most painful jurisdictions to register with on any side (individual, corporate, etc), and it takes a lawyer in most cases to understand all of their different orders and instruments...

#16     May 21, 2008
  7. Too restrictive right now, but we'll keep trying.

Don

#17     May 21, 2008
  8. Sorry, I am not trying to put down any one particular firm. Like I stated in my last post months ago... Title Trading is a Canadian firm incorporated in Quebec province, Canada.

They are NOT a licensed Broker Dealer. They are operating under the radar like most firms in Canada. As Mr. Don Bright says, they are probably okay to do business with unless the government gets it's knickers in a knot and starts cracking down on all the non-registered firms in Canada.

Do you think that Bright Trading with all their years of expereince and influence can't get registered in other provinces but that Title Trading can? Ha, that's assuming a lot.

Trading with registered companies are safer for the trader but the non-registered ones can usually break the rules more often and get away with it for now.

Go visit all the firms and choose the best for you.

#18     Jun 13, 2008
  9. I think 'registered' has a lot of different meanings and can be misleading. I dont know what exactly it means to be fully registered, but i know for a fact that a company that tried to recruit me by saying they are 'registered' in BC is most definitely based and non registered in Ontario. They also do not operate a broker dealer, and do mark up commissions and provide leveraged deposits.

Title owns their own B/D fwiw, just like swift, is registered with FINRA, doesnt take deposits, and doesnt mark up commissions. Who actually is right? I have no idea.

#19     Jun 13, 2008
  10. I thought Swift went through an account with Penson's BD?

#20     Jun 13, 2008