Anyone hear of Pelagon Capital Group in Woodbridge NJ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sung1contrarian, Jul 16, 2012.

1. cast1111

cast1111

You are not going to get a reply. they arent going to fund anyone. They are going to collect 1000 dollars from as many for basically a few power point slides.

#11     May 21, 2013
  2. I did hear from them a few days ago. So looks like I am in the final stages where you get to talk to the hedge fund manager about oportunities to trade using firm capital and what he will require one to do..paper trade, test....?
    In a few days the whole truth comes out. Its been a long time. Frankly i thought it would take 4-5 days to get to this stage.
    Collecting $1k from a bunch of innocent individuals and giving nothing wouldnt be worth anything you are trying to do..

#12     May 22, 2013
  3. th0masq

th0masq

Sorry, to say this but consider the $1k a loss. I can't say I know them well but I spoke to the head guy Chris a few times. He wanted me to trade for him using firm capital if I deposit $10k at 50/50 split. I declined not bc I didn't trust them but I cannot accept such a low split. You can say I got lucky and didn't join them bc afterwards I found out what kind of financial co they are in.
    First off, their supposed trader mike that taught the class n has written a book isn't all that great. If he's so good, why teach a class and charge ppl money... People who can't trade teach.... Period... Those that teach also trade at the same time and let you see their portfolio....

Who am I? I've traded since 1999 and made millions and lost it (2008 to present) so I know a thing or two... I would say w confidence that I'm top 5% in any trading firm.

Here's my advice to beginners:

You need to lose money to make money. Find a good trading firm that can walk you thru the steps... Nowadays, not too many firms will...

#13     Jun 3, 2013
  4. Before investing my 1K, I asked them if i need to come up with capital in order to trade using their firm Capital and they said no. I was actually in talks with a diffrerent firm that required a deposit capital. But because they didnt require it, I went with them.

That was 4 months ago.

#14     Jun 3, 2013
  5. th0masq

th0masq

Any firm that ask you to put up money to teach you to trade is not to be trusted. Most firm will ask you to deposit money to trade bc they don't want to risk their money with unproven traders.
    If you deposit and trade your acct and somehow you do well. They will bring you on broad to trade w their money.
    It's very hard to daytrade and make money bc you're under leveraged. You can not compete w the HFT and black boxes. I'm not saying you can't beat them but its definitively harder now than 5yrs ago.

If you are passionate about trading, don't give up. Work hard ... Read books , get advice, open an acct and trade w it. Expect to lose all of it and then some. You will learn and once you can fix your mistakes you can start to not lose money... Then it's only up from there...

#15     Jun 4, 2013
  6. Thanks But the key is Capital. Can loose but need capital to trade.

#16     Jun 4, 2013
  7. koolaid

koolaid

are you kidding me? who the hell in their right mind would give you 100k to trade when you have nothing to proof that you're successful.

#17     Jun 5, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

be easy on him. he understands.

#18     Jun 5, 2013
  9. I didnt ask for $100K. The idea was to go through their training, be placed on a demo account / paper trade to be evaluated. If successful be placed on a 1 lot account and if showing good result to be upgradaded to higher $. Standard Prop firm stuff. Actually this is what they said would happen. They said this on their webinar and in my communication with them . In a few days I will update my conclusion of all.

#19     Jun 5, 2013
  10. state with 1k you don't belong in the market its just not enough capital. i don't say this to be mean its just the truth. if you told me you had 10k in account, lived with parents, had money to live off of for a few years, and only traded 1 position of 100 shares ok you might learn something. the biggest problem with trading on 1k and having no real money is you get desperate and frustrated. you can't need money and learn to trade. if you are a young kid my advice would be go deliver pizza so you have money in your pockets, and live with your parents. if you need to make money trading this year you won't be successful. i am not saying you can't make money nobody should start a day planning to lose but i am being real with you too.

#20     Jun 5, 2013