Anyone hear of Main Street Trading Company?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sung1contrarian, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Tell me of any prop firm that gives lousy executions on direct access platforms? There is no reason to ask this question...

I assume you work for them at jumping at me for asking the commissions, then insulting me.

#11     Aug 1, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

you are a schoolyard kid by inferring that i am liar. told you previously that i don't work for them. furthermore you seem to have a thin skin if you took the remark personally as was i was careful to comment about your remark and not you.

'Tell me of any prop firm that gives lousy executions on direct access platforms? There is no reason to ask this question..."

you are obviously clueless about the industry if you believe that all platforms are equal and that all orders are directed in the same way.

#12     Aug 1, 2012
  3. that's all I had to read to know that they're most likely a joke. I have found a job before on CL but those are for entry level positions, so why spend the money on an ad when just about anyone will do? If they are looking for serious traders, there are more serious venues for that.

#13     Aug 1, 2012
  4. Thank you for your opinions. I agree with the skeptical sentiments.

They said it was the standard TOS rates. You can check the TOS site for specifics.

#14     Aug 1, 2012
  5. I agree that CL is not the best of options to look for these types of positions. Where would you recommend I check out for more legit leads?
    Thanks.

#15     Aug 1, 2012
  6. Glad to hear someone else here sat in on it :)
    Yeah I LOLed when I heard that. Made me think of late night informercials. I submitted a bunch of Qs but they only answered signup Qs. I'm guessing you didn't sign up? I did get an email from the presenter asking what they can adjust on their presentation to make me sign up. Planning on sending some detailed Q list and see what I get back.

I did look up the trader covering the NY area on LinkedIn and he apparently is currently a financial advisor at Merrill Lynch.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/larry-deangelis/18/9a2/45

#16     Aug 1, 2012
  7. jheacock

jheacock

An similar alternative would be TopStep Trader. They have clearly defined criteria to become funded. They seem more credible and have a lower fee with similar structure.

#17     Aug 1, 2012
  8. to be honest, i don't think many legit trading groups need to advertise that they are looking for traders. you'll have better success researching successful (or stable) trading groups and then trying to contact them.

#18     Aug 2, 2012
  9. Any prop firm that charges for training is a scam. Period. Chances are you will NEVER pass the test, especially since they don't give u the criteria in advance. At least topsteptrader tells u what the criteria is, problem is its so stringent that you're set up for failure.

#19     Aug 9, 2012
  10. Rocco11

Rocco11

I agree completely. Never pay for education. Screen time and experience are the main things and that capital you spend on BS education would be better spent in your trading account. These firms that say no deposit required but you have to pay 10k for their education and you can trade with their capital are scams also. I trade with 2 former SMB guys that weren't profitable the first two months and were let go and they kept all of their education money. Read as many books, buy as many videos as you want, just don't pay thousands for that same information from a firm. Save your money. You will need it.

#20     Aug 10, 2012