Anyone having lagging data on Tradestation?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jficquette, Oct 16, 2008.

1. A BIG +1. Same old story with them. They knew about data problems back in January. They had many months to address them and didn't. Of course when you call, they tell you "...it's all fixed now..." Absolute BS.

It's a shame. They used to be a great platform.

[Al Goldstein-- classic!]

-Prof.

#11     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Darshan

Darshan

Guys do yourselves a favor and get a T1 line.. I recently made the move and it's a WORLD of difference. In regards to the cost, it will pay for itself in the first few days..

#12     Oct 16, 2008
  3. kowboy

kowboy

Surdo who did you go to instead of TS?

Thanks

#13     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

NinjaTrader/Zen-Fire >Mirus

I still have TS for charts only.

#14     Oct 16, 2008
  5. I'm amazed that you were able to use TS for 8 years. At best I could get it to run for two days without crashing. My experience with their tech support was basically 30-40 minutes of listening to Al DiMeola (and I'm sure every TS user is intimately familiar with Al) on hold, followed by 45 minutes of deleting corrupted cache and workstation files. Finally an explanation of "well sometimes bad data overwrites something and it needs to be reinstalled". And at the end of it all crash, crash, crash again.

Then their bait and switch trick of telling you fees are waived and then with no notice charging you for them. Then graciously offering me trade credits instead after I cancel my account.

TradeStation is a company of retarded criminals. How could anyone do business with them?

#15     Oct 18, 2008
  6. I have only had to call tech support 2 or 3 times in the 8-9 years so I don't know who Al is. I have never had to uninstall or reinstall nor have any issues with it crashing. I never tried to run TS in Win9x. I am not even sure it even ran in Win9x. I used Win 2000 then XP.

I have a simple desktop. All I have is 20 or so charts in 3 workspaces over 3 desktops. I have about 300 symbols in a radarscreen with only 8 columns.

Data is a problem now but I don't see any solutions. My guess is its an industry wide problem to a certain extent.

John

#16     Oct 18, 2008
  7. I congratulate you on your good fortune with Trade Station.

I am running XP with 2 gigs of ram and a freshly formatted 200G drive, and a cable modem. I had 2 quote screens, 3 charts, trade manager, and the market depth window (because it had the only order entry interface which was useful to me). I had 30 DOW components in one quote window and 12 ETF's in the other. Not too elaborate.

After more than 200 minutes on the phone with them over the course of two weeks, neither myself or Trade Station's tech support could get this to run for more than two consecutive days.

My dealings with them over fees and retrieving the funds which I deposited have been at least as nightmarish as dealing with their software.

So again John, congratulations on your experiences with Trade Station. However, because mine were so different I felt compelled to post.

#17     Oct 18, 2008
  8. harkm

harkm

I am happy to find out it is not just my computer. My IQ Feed data lags by as much as a minute. I have called a couple of times and they can't figure out "MY" problem as their data is not delayed. Huh. They have been very nice about it but just can't solve the problem. I have a feeling the DDE links are bogging down my computer but am only using about 30 lines of data. This only started about 2 months or so with years of working fine. I might switch to Marketfeed and see how that works.

#18     Oct 18, 2008
  9. telozo

telozo

I had TradeStation for 6 years now, and I only had to call tech support once, when my graphs were showing some gaps in the data, and I had to delete the cache. I run the platform for at least 5 days a week without restarting, and it never crashed on me.
    I had two problems this Friday, one of them a data feed problem that TradeStation aknowledged - see one of my previous posts.
    I only trade equities, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    I am not posting this to defend TradeStation - I would have moved to another platform without regrets if I had the problems you describe.

#19     Oct 18, 2008
  10. I never traded with them. I just used their charts. Sounds like your problems are from features I never had to deal with.

#20     Oct 18, 2008