Anyone having IB login problems?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cknucks, Aug 30, 2005.

1. cknucks

cknucks

I have 2 main accounts there. One account gives me no problems. The other does. From time to time over the past 2 weeks, whenever I login to this one specific account, I get just a gray screen. It's as if it hangs up on the login. To kill the app, I have to terminate the "javaw.exe" file. Today, I have to use the WebTrader to log into that account.

Am I the only one seeing this? I guess it's Java related, so I'll reinstall. But I'm wondering why it happens with one account and not the other.

2. paradox

paradox

Are both accounts on the same servers ? I have seen that if you login to a non-SSL supported account (i.e. HK server) then login to a SSL supported account (US server) with SSL selected, the second login will hang. As a workaround I have to login without SSL, logout, then login again with SSL to reset things.

3. laocoon

laocoon

That's interesting, because I've been having the exact same problem for quite some time although I log into the Swiss server. Every morning I have to go through the same routine:
    -I log into the Swiss server using SSL (the login fails)
    -I hit the cancel button
    -I uncheck the SSL button
    -I log in again (with the SSL button unchecked) but now it works and I'm logged in WITH SSL

Strange...