Anyone have two accounts and do regular hedging?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jackedup, Apr 20, 2005.

1. the purpose of this is to profit either way. You set your limits and stops tighter for the position in which you feel las the less chance of succeeding and vice versa. If it goes against you in one position, the other position will take up the slack and vice versa. I have tried this with mirrorring pairs and in two accounts. It helps minimize risk. Ok, the pusrpose of a straddle is to profit whether the market goes one way or another. Umm, unless you're a total idiot, this is the same principal. And those who haven't tried this technique, please do not post here as you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

#11     Apr 20, 2005
  2. 168

this is very dumb .

#12     Apr 20, 2005
  3. Anseld

Anseld

do you know what gamma is? do you even have any idea as to what a straddle looks like on a risk graph or how that changes over time? do you have any understandings of the greeks at all?

from your "i think i know it all so you should all shut the hell up!" answers, i highly doubt you know.

but if you drop the smelly attitude and ask nicely, i'll be happy to school you. maybe. :p

#13     Apr 20, 2005
  4. Save your pseduo intellectual bs for someone else. Read my first post. I could care less about your idiotic rantings. Read the initial inquiry then post if you actually used the technique there dipshiit. School me? please, you're probably some loser who's read one book and has never touched trading and thinks he knows everything. Bottom line, I started this thread and I asked for people who have used this technique before and how they made out. Save the nonsensical BS for yourself and tell someone on some other string who actually gives a shit.

#14     Apr 20, 2005
  5. Anseld

Anseld

the smelly attitude continues.....

how do you expect anyone to help you when you choose to behave like a child?

i take it that those simple options questions were a litle bit too advanced for you.

#15     Apr 20, 2005
  6. Everest

Everest

To be blunt, you have no idea of the mechanics of professional trading if this is your idea of how to gain exposure to two moves.

And if you think our comments make us the idiots, then I must refer you to the bard ;

me thought I was enamoured of an ass.

Monkey

#16     Apr 20, 2005
  7. Everest

Everest

Indeed. With Knobs on. But our threader knows oh so much more than all of us.

I must be so stupid that I don't actually know how stupid I am then.

#17     Apr 20, 2005
  8. I have had some FX, and I repeat FX, traders tell me they have profited and limited their exposure in their markets by deploying this strategy wehther in a single or two accounts. I don't want to ehar your bs theories when you have never tried this strategy. It's like some douchebad trying to tell me they know what it's like to be a US Marine when they only have watched some recruiting videos. I repeat, if you have not used this strategy in a live account on a consistent basis. shut the hell up and go bother some other people at some other thread.

#18     Apr 20, 2005
  9. And stop trying to sound like you people know something about this when you don't, please. I find it when people like to talk trash about how much they know and crap on this board, they almost always know next to nothing. AGAIN, IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED THIS TECHNIQUE IN THE FX, AND I SAY AGAIN FX, MARKET. DO NOT POST HERE. GO ELSEWHERE.

#19     Apr 20, 2005
  10. OUT THERE LIKE TO TALK MORE TRASH AND TRY TO IMPRESS PEOPLE WITH THE AMOUNT OF THEORETICAL CRAP YOU KNOW, DON'T. IT'S PATHETIC.

#20     Apr 20, 2005