Anyone have two accounts and do regular hedging?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jackedup, Apr 20, 2005.

1. For those of you trading with Oanda -- check out their forums re: box options. Made the mistake of depositing LLC funds this week.

It was phenomenal offering while it lasted... immediate touch exotics and deferred, atm inverted bets on 16 major/minor pairs. There was nothing like it available on interbank; let alone the ability to trade minute-durations.

They're neutered their markets by implementing null vol on no touch -- infinite vol on touch. It's akin to placing an rfq on an IBM 100 call and the DPM coming back with, "uhhh, we're a little short-handed right now... how does a nickel bid at one thousand sound?"

#161     Jun 30, 2006
  2. "Going Against The USD"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1136280#post1136280

An extremely technical, serious and high quality Chit Chat thread? :D

#162     Jul 19, 2006
  3. Moving and placing a thread like this one to CC reflects the high standard of trading knowledge and human courage.

:D

#163     Jul 19, 2006
  4. OMFG, just stumbled on this thread. Cannot believe the stupidity and warped reasoning. And what is even more amazing is how long it has been going on.

Mav74, this thread really proves what Einstein is reputed to have said when he was asked if the universe is finite or infinite:

"Well, I do not know if the universe is finite or infinite. Both scenario's are impossible to envisage. But I do know that human stupidity is infinite and is never ceases to amaze me"

Unbelievable, these people should not be allowed to handle money, they should be locked up with such fucked up reasoning!

vital statistics

#164     Jul 19, 2006

5. It's analogous to a dependent, double touch barrier. Long/short in two distinct accounts with vol-based targets and no stop loss. The assumption being that both targets have a reasonable probability of being hit.

The probability of hitting both dependent synthetic barriers is < the edge loss inherent in the doubled-vig. The expectancy is negative, obviously, but < 2*vig.

#165     Jul 24, 2006