Anyone have positive results using Trade Ideas streaming alerts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OceanViewTrader, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Note that these charts will update each day from the original post and I added GE and AMD on 9/17 as examples of better chart patterns. I am sure that no matter which day it is the other charts are not likely to present a good day trade.

#41     Sep 17, 2004
  2. Cash,

Do you have Trade Ideas execution-linked to Redi Plus or Omni Pro? What charting program used with TI?

In your trading style, would you utilize the new TI mini-charts in the forthcoming intraday format?

#42     Sep 17, 2004
  3. ...."forthcoming intraday format". I did'nt know that TI is adding intraday charts. Can you confirm this?

#43     Sep 17, 2004
  4. In this case, I would imagine :D = positive outlook, based on Trade Ideas' history of being highly trader-input-responsive...

Reid, you and others looking forward to same, I see.

#44     Sep 17, 2004
  5. Yes, I am.

#45     Sep 17, 2004
  6. Well, I was mostly kidding about the TI intraday charting... On top of their very functional existing package, that might take some doing. However, who knows what Trade Ideas will produce next.

#46     Sep 17, 2004
  7. A full blown TI would be TI with the inline mini charts (size-adjustable up to twice the current size), and with quote table with columns for the range of price and volume data in real-time. Plus, a popup (size & shape) configurable java chart with all the settings for intraday and historical, and including the range of technical indicators. Prophet.net java charts are an example of that.
    I don't see where else they can go with it.

#47     Sep 17, 2004
  8. I sent them an email and here is what I got. They aim always to work with other platforms, Medved being one of the examples. They said they were integrated inside RushTrade and TradeStreamGlobal and linked to virtually all other platforms. It seems that they intend to focus on alerts and be the ultimate add on. They said that they will consider an intra day snapshot but it is not a priority because Medved has one in their portfolio.....that was about all I was able to get.

#48     Sep 17, 2004
  9. They gave me the same answer. The point is that the TI alerts window shows multiple instances of the same stock symbol for each new high that the stock does. That's a really great feature for finding stocks that are moving. TI now needs the intraday chart to show what those new highs look like. With QuoteTracker the stock symbols are consolidated, therefore you will not receive seperate new highs alerts on the same symbol in the QuoteTracker portfolio. You would need to look at the TI alert window in QuoteTracker to see the new heighs and then go find them alphabetically in the QuoteTracker portfolio to see the chart, and you could not do that and keep up with the flow of alerts.
    The interest of traders would be better served if TI added an intraday chart.

#49     Sep 17, 2004
  10. TI could also add level2 to that. Then all you would need is a basic order entry platform with buy/sell/short/cover short tabs and P&L, with equity orders at $2 - $5, depending on number of trades. Maybe somebody will offer that and bring it to ET.

#50     Sep 18, 2004