Anyone have positive results using Trade Ideas streaming alerts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OceanViewTrader, Jul 17, 2004.

1. maczter

maczter

i don't really see a need for an intraday chart. i like the daily and weekly chart, so i can see if the alert is for a stock that has been trending up for a while or if it is a possible reversal, etc.

i use QuoteTracker ($7/month) in conjunction with Trade-Ideas, so I use the linking tool in TI to link to my charts in QuoteTracker so I can get a detailed view.

I wouldn't feel comfortable going off a tiny intraday chart. I'd rather click on the alert and see the tick by tick chart in QuoteTracker for intraday.

#31     Sep 16, 2004
  2. Not everyone uses QuoteTracker. And if you daytrade you must use an intraday chart to pick chart patterns that meet your criteria. TI will generate many new highs alerts. How many of those alerts do you think will be worth a trade? Just a handfull I'll guarantee you.
    Wanna trade new highs on these babies. I would'nt.

http://www.prophet.net/manage/watchlist.jsp

That's the point. Many of these types of stocks will come up in alerts for new highs. If TI added an intraday chart you will not be clicking on any of those stocks in the link - not if you want to make money.
    Tell TI that you want the intraday chart. And it does not need to be a "tiny intraday chart". Request that the intraday chart be size-adjustable for your convenience.

#32     Sep 16, 2004
  3. maczter

maczter

You can link from Trade-Ideas to most external applications (other charting programs). I was just using QT as an example since that's what I use.

When I double-click on an alert in Trade-Ideas, it sends that ticker to a 10 min chart, a 1 day chart, a 10 day chart and a 3 month chart as well as sending the ticker to my Open Book window and my order entry window in my trading app.

If you're getting too many alerts, make your criteria more restrictive to filter out some of the noise. You miss a few alerts, but the alerts you get should be higher quality.

#33     Sep 16, 2004
  4. Tightening criteria by price or volume will not filter out the type of stocks that I gave the link to in my earlier post. And I'm not getting too many alerts. I cast a big net then I pick high probability by chart pattern. It works for me.
    I use QT. I was there on their support message board giving encouragement when they were thinking of embedding TI into QT. And they did it.
    But, trust me. TI would be much more to the point if they added intraday charts.

#34     Sep 16, 2004
  5. maczter

maczter

alright, you won me over.

so you could glance at the intraday (preferably user-selectable time frame, as a full day chart wouldn't show enough detail in the height of an IT alert row to show what action was taking place right now that triggered the alert for shorter-term alerts. then, based on what you saw, you could then choose whether or not to click the alert to view a larger intraday chart and send the ticker to the order entry window. works for me.

#35     Sep 16, 2004
  6. maczter

maczter

Never mind. Somehow I had an old version even though I just installed it on this machine a week ago. I have the new version and found the integrated charts.

#36     Sep 16, 2004
  7. It could be as the QT inline charts set at 15 fonts, with 1-min frequency.

#37     Sep 16, 2004
  8. #38     Sep 16, 2004
  9. #39     Sep 17, 2004
  10. Their range indicator shows the spread between high price and low price, it does not show chart patterns.
    All the stocks below have range, but only two (GE and AMD) have decent chart patterns, as those INTRADAY CHARTS show. TI should add intraday charts so that you can see what's behind each stock symbol before you click on it. Tell them you want intraday charts.

http://www.prophet.net/manage/watchlist.jsp

#40     Sep 17, 2004