Anyone have positive results using Trade Ideas streaming alerts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OceanViewTrader, Jul 17, 2004.

1. #21     Aug 24, 2004
  2. This is one of coolest new things I have seen. Great Job TI, now add an alert for only positive trades ;-)

#22     Aug 24, 2004
  3. alanm

alanm

Found it now. I went to "Stock Research" at first, and it only shows the last 10. The History link from a working alert got me there.

#23     Aug 24, 2004
  4. maczter

maczter

I just discovered TI last Wednesday night while playing around with QuoteTracker (QT has a TI alert component built-in). I've been using a couple of the sample alerts with great results in a stock contest I'm in with some friends before I use it on a live account. I went from being second from last place last Wednesday to having a commanding lead by the closing bell on Friday using only trades from TI alerts.

I went from being down ~10% to being up ~60% withing five days. I've thrown in a few non-TI trades this week and they haven't worked out nearly as well (as expected).

I have been using the TI window in QuoteTracker, but I just downloaded the stand-alone TI app and have been playing around with that. So far, I'm loving TI. The key enefit for me is admittedly something that could be gained from any screening software and that is that I am no longer limited to watching only my fixed list of a few dozen stocks on a watch list since TI gives me the option to screen every stock and bring the movers to me. Before I was limiting myself by trading the best of what I was watching, which on some days was not worth waking up for. Now I have a much larger universe, thus a much greater chance of there being something actually worth trading.

#24     Aug 27, 2004
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

What scans do you like best from TI?

#25     Aug 27, 2004
  6. #26     Sep 9, 2004
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

What does this do for you... it seems to give a lot of alerts... how do you separate the wheat from the chaf?

#27     Sep 9, 2004
  8. I use that one in conjunction with my other specific windows. This one is letting me know which way the market is pulling. I really believe or not just let it talk to me. Something catches my attention I take a look. This one is for very OVERALL type activity reading.

#28     Sep 9, 2004
  9. maczter

maczter

alright.

you have to tell me how you got the weekly and daily charts in your TI window.

i've looked all through the settings but have yet to stumble upon that setting.

#29     Sep 16, 2004
  10. Cool, yes. But they only have daily and weekly charts. I told them to offer INTRADAY charts. That's the only way you are going to see the chart patterns that the alerts are for. Take time now and send them an email to add the intraday chart.

#30     Sep 16, 2004