Anyone have positive results using Trade Ideas streaming alerts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OceanViewTrader, Jul 17, 2004.

1. #11     Aug 18, 2004
  2. Thanks for the heads up, I took and look and indeed there are similarities. I think I like the TI UI a little better but probably cause I have been using it for a while now and it is working. As I have mentioned lately this strategy is yielding some of the best results I have had in a while and keeping the drawdowns low cause you can basically see the exit point right on the chart.

#12     Aug 18, 2004
  3. Funk (et al):

It appears to me that the downloadable, PC-based T-I version is the way to go--nicer layout. However, how is it on CPU loading and Internet bandwidth hogging? When PC-based, does your PC do all of the filtering/screening/crunching instead of the website?

#13     Aug 18, 2004
  4. TI is a killer app. it has my highest recs.

surfer :)

#14     Aug 18, 2004
  5. I asked them the same questiona and they said that all the processing is still on their side and that the PC-Based version takes very little bandwidth. I run a lot of apps and don't see any problems. That was one of my chief complaints when I tried out RADAR from Trade Station a while back, it hogged a lot of PC usagem, but TI does not have the same issue.

#15     Aug 19, 2004
  6. Surf I agree. I came up with another set up today that had been delivering good resultsy for anyone who is interested. It is a special high low ticker that I have set to spot the moves early and added a volatility filter to get things that move.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php...Count=10&WN=Special+Situation+High/Low+Ticker

#16     Aug 19, 2004
  7. alanm

alanm

Is anyone capturing the opening-range breakout alerts to a file?

I wrote a quick app to do so, and am now looking at this morning's results for the 15-minute ORBs, but am having trouble understanding why most of them were issued. I'm wondering if my app got the wrong data for some reason.

Did anyone else get the following alerts right after 09:45?:

Down: NTMD GT HTLD NVLS TKTX TTWO WBSN
    Up: WIRE ISSC ENZN OSTK MICC TIWI CACH VSAT BMHC

etc.

#17     Aug 23, 2004
  8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

You can use the history function to get old alerts. Try that.

#18     Aug 23, 2004
  9. alanm

alanm

Thanks Cash. Only seems to get the last 10 alerts, though.

#19     Aug 24, 2004
  10. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

There should be a "next" button at the bottom.

#20     Aug 24, 2004