Anyone have much trouble with spying / organized crime on your business?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bookish, May 23, 2019.

1. bookish

bookish

A common one is extortion / 'protection' racketeering where they comit a lot of petty crime against a new business then offer a month of free 'protection' and stop victimizing you for a month.

But also, stealing customer lists, supplier information, having a 'girlfriend' pump one of your employees for information, and so on.

For me it has been ridiculous. To the point I gave up and don't even bother (usually) with any entrepreneurial activities. It enrages me to thing of the economic drain this is placing on our nation.

Anyone else?

2. luisHK

luisHK

Sure, I used to make a killing in the market but Goldman Sachs hacked my iPhone 4 and stole all the proprietary data. It saved their company from bankruptcy but within a year killed the edge. Preparing a 485bln USD lawsuit right now, no doubt I would be trillionaire with a recent iPhone model by now without this shameless theft.

stan1 and bookish like this.
  3. bookish

bookish

Bankers are evil. I had HSBC flat out steal an account from me. Bank of America too. When you contact the regulators they just shrug like they are wearing diapers and don't know what to do.

4. luisHK

luisHK

Governments are worse thieves even. France stole Eiffel Tower basically from under my Grand Dad's pillow and our family's lawyers are still negociating with the White House for us to get back Alaska. Tough mission to preserve generational wealth.

CaseyB likes this.
  5. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I saw this one guy who sells on Amazon sell a product for $10 less than his competitor. The competitor used several different accounts to buy the product, then destroy the product and send it back and leave 1 star reviews. Apparently the guy was doing this with every new competitor that showed up so people just see a bunch of 1 star reviews and wont buy from him.