Anyone have info on dingdingding.com?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by slick55, Jul 29, 2001.

1. slick55

slick55

Has anyone used dingdingding.com that is run by David G. Epp. It is owned by J. David and Associates. Do you have any info on that company? They are making pretty awesome claims about their supercomputer named Bertha and their stockpick accuracy. Is there an active discussion about this company on any of the boards. I would appreciate any information you could provide.

2. Babak

Babak

Ahhh yes, yet another predicting supercomputer.

no thank you

traders react, shaman predict

3. tradeRX

tradeRX

Babak,

Don't dismiss so lightly the power of crunching "infinite" variables in real time. Do you remember...Big Blue kicked human butt!

4. Cesko

Cesko

Babak
    You are right, not worthy of comments.
    TradeRX
    What a non-sense to compare a chess to trading!

5. I agree.

Put me up against a computer any day! I will kick ass.

Chess is a game of logic and combinations resulting in victory. Trading is a game of evolving movement, and no computer can stand a chance against a guy who has the 'feel'.

6. tradeRX

tradeRX

Cesko,

That trading system in your head is a *LOT* simpler than you believe.

candletrader,

"I GOT THE FEEL!"

Your "feelings" are nothing more than a simple algorithm. A super computer could consider many many more variables in a split second than your brain could conceive of in a week. Where do you think your "feel" originates? It's all comes down to if-then logic.

7. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

dingdingding this is precisely the kind of silly 'system trading' giving a bad name to the discipline.

Others here are right it is not worth talking about this scam.
    It's a pity it gives arguments to those who think it's a god given gift to humans only to trade the market. My computer is probably smiling right now thinking about all these traders on the other side of its trades.

neo

8. TraderX,

Put your money where your mouth is. Let a computer trade your capital.

9. Cesko

Cesko

TradeRX
    Since when a good trading is a matter of high IQ. That was my point.

10. My thougts are: If the computer were that good, they would hook it up to a fix engine and let it trade away. Not sell it's picks.

I am skeptical of anyone who sells their stockpicking ideas. If they were that good, they would not want you to know their picks.

That's my 2-cents.

-Jim

#10     Jul 30, 2001