Anyone have experience with Ironbeam and their trade platform?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by r-in, Mar 6, 2011.

1. r-in

r-in

Anyone have experience with Ironbeam and their trade platform? They use the name firetip for the trade platform, and I have never heard of it before.

2. cstfx

cstfx

I see they spammed your email too.

3. heech

heech

+3

4. I have a different question. I'm looking for a new futures broker and have tried out several. I do like the firetip platform and am leaning toward Zumo right now.....however they are an "introducing broker"...clear thru Ironbeam (and no..I haven't been spammed :))

When I researched Ironbeam they say they work with traders directly as well as introducing brokers. So exactly why would I go with an IB? Is there an advantage to having an IB.

I plan to keep my current broker for other stuff so right now I'm interested in price and Zumo is 1/2 the price that I'm currently paying. I don't do a ton...just about 50-60 RT's a month but I trade both the futures and the futures options and with their platform it is easy to do. Other future brokers don't offer options or their platform is a bit clunky for me.

I guess my only hesitation is that both have been in business for a very short time so how safe are the client funds? If they go out of business do I get whatever is left in my account?

5. pookie

pookie

I was just taking a look at Zumo. Looks interesting. Did you give them a try yet, RR?

6. nope..on a trip right now..but looking to try them out soon...eom