Anyone have experience in China retail account?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jk90029, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Dear-

If I heard correctly, any US citizen (foreigner) can open brokerage account with valid ID in Japan and Taiwan but US citizen is NOT allowed to open account In China.

Of course, with IB account we can trade stock of other country, but should pay double commission for the two brokers.

Anyone have better info than I?

Appreciated if you help me to get a PAPER ACCOUNT (China broker) for my months' trial.

2. Hope there is some ETers who was from China or has friends from China.

3. CBC

CBC

Na limited access. Only big banks get access to China.

4. I am from China, although I'm in US right now. I might be able to help. What kind of assert are you interested in? stock or future?

5. Thanks.

I use web-crawling (C# and selenium) to trade equity ONLY in webpage.
    It was successful to trade in US and some countries by programming in webpage.

However still have NO opening even PAPER ACCOUNT in China.
    Hope to use paper account for a few months.

6. CBC

CBC

If you speak to som1 in China and get them to open an account for you, you could get the login details and log-in from US.

The main issue is if you want to take profit over to 'merica. China's FX controls are really crazy. You can exchange $$ however the amount is capped.

7. luisHK

luisHK

Outlander, or anyone else that might be able to shed some light on the topic, i post below the link to another thread on this topic, as well as the post content, in case you can help.
    The information is ultimately for a chinese national, restrictions to foreigners or capital controls are of no concern, but I can't read chinese and didn't find much information in english.

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/china-b-shares-etfs-and-stock.299564/

"Hi

Talking about shares traded in onshore rmb in Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges, are there any low cost passive ETFs available to locals there ?
    Or anyone could offer a mix of 5-15 chinese companies to build a buy and hold mainland portfolio ? I'm looking to end up with a volatility between Shangai and Shenzhen's (Shenzhen is closer to Nasdaq, and more volatile than Shanghai)
    I understand it's probably not the best place to ask about onshore china market but thanks in advance to anyone who could add some useful input on the topic."

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  8. Thanks luisHK.

There is "restrictions to foreigners or capital controls" (as above) as many countries does (did) before.
    Currently it is NOT legal for foreigner to trade Chinese stocks, but they will open in a few years as many other countries did before.

Although everyone agree restriction on opening account by foreigner, I like to have a programming experience with Chinese letter if needed.

Currently PAPER account is one (starting) choice for my situation.
    There is already advance in IB trading, by use of web-crawling programming.

9. If I'm not getting it wrong, you are trying to gather information from web page and put order by hand, right? That's doable with the account I have right now. You do have to understand a little Chinese, although not a must. Since Chinese equities are marked with 6 digits numbers. Give me your contact info so I can send the account to you.

10. Started from last year, people can trade Shanghai A-stock with an account in Hong Kong, which is a city with minimal capital restrictions. Soon, trading Shenzhen A-stock will be available too. Hope that will help with your concerns.

#10     Apr 27, 2016
    CBC likes this.