Anyone have an account with Pictet?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Daal, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Daal

Daal

How do you like their fees and diversity of investment products offered?

2. xandman

xandman

It's an old line Investment Bank. White glove stuff. They don't talk about fees over there.

3. Not IB so much as Private Banking. Even then, don't recall they offered much beyond basic structuring. Their business changed after FATCA...not sure how it's evolved in past 3-4yrs.

Are you looking to trade through them...that's typically not their strength but if they're offering competitive rates then that's all that matters.

4. Its not an investment bank but a pure private bank mostly focusing on wealth management and asset management. Pictet runs several funds that are distributed mostly through other banks such as Deutsche Bank's DWS and the like. But their main focus is on wealth management.

I am 100% sure they do not offer execution services unless you are their wealth management client. And if you were you would most likely not be lingering on this website (I would feel hard-pressed to imagine they take clients with assets under 20 million USD equivalent).

5. Daal

Daal

Really? Because years ago I was in an investment newsletter and the guy recommended this as a 'accessible' private bank with a $250K minimum that had a good amount of product offerings and a 1% of assets fee. I was wondering if any of that changed

6. To my knowledge Pictet offers private banking only to wealthy individuals (high net work individuals). But I can check with some contacts if it really matters to you. Most likely you are referring to their fund products, as I mentioned they manage funds as well (I think their AM arm is called Pictet AM) and those funds might have much lower or no minimum investment minimum requirements. Else if you refer to something else what does the 1% "asset fee" exactly refer to? Usually that is understood to be an annual management fee for managing a fund.

7. Daal

Daal

Its not a fund, its more like a brokerage. The guy said you didn't had to pay commission but rather a fee based on assets. I don't know how exactly it worked (or if all the commissions were exempt) but it sounded interesting and hence i'm trying to find more about it

8. Then that guy was wrong I can assure you with confidence. Pictet has never been a brokerage. They in fact maintain numerous relationships with brokers to have their orders executed. They manage several funds which they do not even market and solicit themselves but which are distributed via banks and other fund distributors.

9. I went to high school with one of their fund managers. (He's based in Switzerland now) They are pretty big on environmental and socially responsible investing.
    They have some decent funds imho.

10. Daal

Daal

https://www.pictet.com/corporate/en/home/asset_services/trading.html
    https://www.pictet.com/corporate/en/home/trading_with_pictet/pictet_global_markets.html

#10     Aug 1, 2015