Anyone have a story to share...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cml2949, Oct 28, 2005.

1. cml2949

cml2949

Hey, we all know how difficult it is to land a job especially one that you really want! We also know that joining a Prop Group can at times be really challenging..

Anyone have a story to share of what they had to do or how "luck" was on their side as they beat the odds of getting into a Prop Group?

2. I was gonna make fun of this post but I am assuming you mean a top tier ibank firm prop desk.

Otherwise you must be very naive to think that a regular prop firm is hard to get into.

3. Well this one year, when i was at band camp..........

:D :D :D

4. it sounds easy to get into one in America, but down here in Australia there is only 3 ive heard of, and ive been trying for the last six months to get into one of them. im 22, i have the right qualifications and have sent them my brokerage statements, but they dont seem keen at all.

anyone that wants to open/expand their prop firms -> look at the Australian market, our country has the highest % per capita of stockholders in the World and quite a few work-at-home retail traders.

5. okwon

okwon

Looking at his previous posts, I think he's talking about a futures prop firm. They can be difficult to get into because it's actually proprietary trading (no deposit/salary/split) so they get a lot of applicants and are somewhat selective.

Just keep trying, I think it's been a slow year for most shops out in Chicago. I'm sure hiring will pick up again at some point.