Anyone have a "night job?"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by IronFist, Mar 7, 2007.

1. My bad, I read the posts wrong. Sorry about that.

#21     Mar 7, 2007
  2. It's cool. I am too tuff skinned to get offended.

Let Prince Cuss you out. Now that will get you pissed off. Little 5'4" Midget Going off on you...

You dont care how much money he has, you just see those two bodyguards... and you grin and bear it. ROFL!!!!

#22     Mar 7, 2007
  3. MattF

MattF

also in TV at my local NoBody Cares (NBC) affiliate...staying with it until I can get this trading thing fully revved up, at least where I can make a nice FT "salary" out of things...(as I've only been into and trading for a few months; but really trying to find something that can get me away from the "job" market)...

#23     Mar 7, 2007
  4. GF. 1/2 the time, it feels like a job.

#24     Mar 7, 2007
  5. Excuse my ignorance, but what is GF???

#25     Mar 7, 2007
  6. Used to work 8-12 hours a day, 12 days in a row, every other weekend off, for 21 years at a printing company. Swung a deal last fall and started working M-F only, 6 hours a day (4-10 pm), same pay, same benefits. It's a sweet deal! I'd miss the people if I quit. Besides, my wife says she won't be my audience if I'm home all the time! :D

#26     Mar 7, 2007
  7. I'm just wondering. I have a corporate job right now and I'm just wondering what other traders do. I'd like to trade for a living but I'm nowhere near being able to do that.

#27     Mar 8, 2007
  8. 1st. Get out of debt. Debt will eat into your profits until you get profitable.

Of course were you to start any Business (self employed) the advice is the same.

When I went out on my own back in 96, I made sure all I had to pay was Taxes, Heat, Lights and Phone.

The 1st 6 months were light, then the break hit and I was off and running. I was glad I was debt free when I started out. When it got good, all my money was MY money.

No stress, I could focus on what I was doing and not be in fear for the creditors!!!!!

Cars paide for, House was free and clear... FREEDOM...

Uhh, well it's either that or move back in with mom and dad. LOL.

Seriously though. If you are fretting over paying bills, then you will not be at your best to do your Job.

#28     Mar 8, 2007
  9. I don't have any debt. I save as much money as I can, and put most of that into my trading account. My car is paid off. I have no credit card debt. I was just wondering if any traders had night jobs. :cool:

#29     Mar 8, 2007
  10. Again, why would any profitable trader have a night job?

There's too much to be done other than working. I trade as my job to free up time.

Sounds like to me you're not making much trading.....again, this game isn't for everyone.

Wasting time in the breakeven trading rut will kill your future. It's simple, either you're making a living through trading and do it full time or you trade as a hobby. Be honest about it to yourself.

Just something to think about, Good Luck!

#30     Mar 8, 2007