Anyone have a Dual monitor Dell?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joeboy, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Joeboy

Joeboy

Reg, Thanks for the reply.

Jeffrey3,,, #1 i havent any idea other than calling compaq or running a search at a web site of the monitors brand name.

#2 Good question! .. exactly my problem.

i actually ordered a dell 8300 w/ati raydeon 9800 card, and there new 17in flatpanel monitors, (analog), yesterday.
    After the salesman said i could have the dual monitor system,,he said "Oh ,,wait a minute, i'll need to call tech support and make sure what I ordered will work"

LOL,,that was yesterday,,and i'm still waiting for his response back to me. Sooo,,,i'm thinking of cancelling the order.

I'm going to call dell an try to get a supervisor or manager on the phone. After these pc companies take your money,,its alot harder to get ahold of them, so make sure you know exactly what u need and that it will work.
    Good luck.

#11     Jun 22, 2003
  2. reg

reg

Joeboy

If BOTH of your monitors are analog, then purchase the DVI-VGA adaptor that Dell sells for $10 (part # 320-0456). If both are digital or one is digital and the other one analog, then you won't need the adaptor.

#12     Jun 22, 2003
  3. Not sure if Dell offers the Matrox Parhelia card, but this card will run three monitors...It came out last fall and I had it installed, however not thru Dell...It's price has been dropping for a few months and is a reasonable price for the product offered...

#13     Jun 22, 2003
  4. Joeboy

Joeboy

My dell salesman emailed me,,he said the new 17in flat panels are going to work with the dual monitor support (the adaptor , i take it).
    So, i am going to wait for the system to arrive.

Thx again for all the help here!
    Joeboy

#14     Jun 23, 2003