Anyone has TICK data in IB

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Picaso, May 10, 2010.

1. Picaso

Picaso

I'm in Spain - no data here yet.

My account is with IB **UK**, could that have something to do with some people getting data and others not?

#11     May 10, 2010
  2. IB UK here as well Sarvise, so it could be limited to UK data.

I would think they have many many clients with UK data, so IB's lack of communicating this issue is not good. They say they're aware of it and are working on it, but no solution so far. My trading is very dependant on the TICK as a "leading indicator" so for me this is a very serious issue.

#12     May 10, 2010
  3. Picaso

Picaso

Yes, I use it too to time my entries in all risk-related assets, so it really sucks, but it's better not to get too upset about it or it will affect your trading when the datafeed is restored.

#13     May 10, 2010
  4. Picaso

Picaso

Still no news on this?

#14     May 10, 2010
  5. If I load a new chart, I get the day's TICK data but it is not updating. So it is out there on their server as it is building historical bars, but not sending realtime updates out.

#15     May 10, 2010
  6. Yes, it's been broken since Friday. I'm in the US. On IB chat session they only say they are working on it. Meanwhile the quote.com site has intra-day $TICK.

#16     May 10, 2010
  7. Once I had an outage of Eurex quotes that lasted 14 days (paying 15€/mo).

They answered that they are not a datafeed provider and therefore they do not guarantee feed integrity.

#17     May 10, 2010
  8. Picaso

Picaso

Ouch!

Thanks WaveStrider, same here (it's missing the first hour and a half, though).

#18     May 10, 2010
  9. yw. Yes the 1st part of the day is missing. I find it strange that the data is available, but not being sent. Oh well...

#19     May 10, 2010

10. They said this was a general problem for all countries. The above users however have verified that it works in some places. Hopefully this is fully resolved by tomorrow!

#20     May 10, 2010