Anyone has more than two computers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FunMan, Sep 5, 2010.

1. How does a particular color harm the eye? I find this a bit incredulous. Anyone have a real physiological explanation or is this just more folklore?

#41     Jan 16, 2011
  2. Do you own a phone?

Call an eye doctor, specifically an opthamologist and ask him yourself. Heck even your personal witch doctor could probably confirm it for you.

#42     Jan 16, 2011
  3. so you can't explain it? i knew it :p

#43     Jan 16, 2011
  4. I can but I'm busy.
    If you are to ignorant to google it or to call an expert that is your problem.

#44     Jan 16, 2011
  5. Busy googling for an explanation you can offer up? :D

Let me give you a hint, it's not the color but chronic near object focusing that's the eye strain.

#45     Jan 16, 2011
  6. If you want, I offered up a more detailed explanation 3 or 4 years ago on here.
    Go find it.

Oh, sorry, you weren't here then.

#46     Jan 16, 2011
  7. What is the jist..in a few sentences?

#47     Jan 16, 2011
  8. Long term focusing on the bright colors against a black background of computer screens damages the retina and weakens the optic nerve. There is even suggestion of a possible link to wet and dry AMD.

#48     Jan 16, 2011
  9. oh really, what nature of damage to retina? how do you "weaken" an optic nerve by sending an impulse thru it? it's built to propagate an impulse. you have not offered physiological proof of anything yet.

#49     Jan 16, 2011
  10. Nor am I an expert to do so.
    I am simply bright enough to take the advice of professionals.

From what you have explained to all of us here, your field of expertise is running your head into hard places and then listening to some idiot doctor tell you to eat only vegetables.

I think your head injuries are showing.

#50     Jan 16, 2011