Anyone has experiance with Multichart Portfolio Trader ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TradeTune, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Hi, No impossible incorrect word, if you lhave time to manually map each one of the 150 symbols to IB:SMART etc, and you are fine with having no option to handle symbols in mc database more than exchange A or B etc, so in database you cant sort symbols in for example sp500, nasdaq100, DJ, etc etc.. and you have no issue with PT only can view o,h,l,c, when calculating reports, then sure, if you are ok with this then MC is a great tool i guess. It is really a great tool handling and trading futures trading though imho. good luck

#11     Jul 24, 2021
  2. HI...I have been Using Multicharts since 2016...I never used portfolio trader before to trade live...I only used Portfolio trader to backtest...Before I was trading with automated strategies from the chart...However recently I have been using Portfolio trader to my strategies and Oh my god it is literally the best and most stable automated platform I have come across...It literally has never crashed in months...Whereas the Automated trading from the Chart in Multicharts does crash maybe once a month...I have left portfolio trader unattended for weeks ( ofcourse with all sorts of emergency alerts and macro commands to ensure safe trading)....
    For all users who want to enable intrabarorder generation in portfolio trader...as well as for syncing orders between broker, chart and strategy engine on intrabar basis..You can with this workaround ...PM me for details

#12     Aug 8, 2021
  3. Jacob Z

Jacob Z

Hey, what kind of alerts and macro commands are you using to ensure safe trading? Just migrated from TS and don't know what to look out for when trading with MC/Portfolio Trader..

Best regards,
    Jacob

#13     Nov 21, 2021
  4. Lukas78

Lukas78

Hi, i also use Portfolio Trader and have some scripts to monitor everything but struggle with one thing: All Strategies have a function call that export contracts per symbol at Broker (MarketPosition_at_Broker) and Marketposition of the current Strategy on the same symbol (currentcontracts*marketposition) into a file. The problem is that marketposition of the strategy seems only to update on bar close even when using RecalcLastBarAfter(RecalcInteval). Do you have any idea how i could get the files updated since IOG doesn't work in Portfolio Trader?

regards
    Lukas

#14     Dec 29, 2021
  5. My primary strategy trades on a 60 minute time frame in portfolio trader.
    I'm using a secondary strategy which is using the same commands in one of my strategies: (MarketPosition_at_Broker) and (marketposition* current contracts) to sync the position from the strategy to the broker with a recalc interval of 15 secs and for me the market position updates every 15 seconds.

Make sure your using intrabarordergeberation=true and save the market position to a variable. Use intrabapersist when creating the variable.

#15     Dec 29, 2021
  6. Honestly you only need to watch out for Broker/data feed disconnection Cause that's when strategy stops trading and syncing positions at Broker from the inner position in your strategy. ....other than that nothing

#16     Dec 29, 2021
  7. Lukas78

Lukas78

Thanks, ill give that a try with intrabarpersist variable. Does IOG really have an influence when using Portfolio Trader? MC support told me that IOG does not (yet) work in Portfolio Trader.

#17     Dec 29, 2021
  8. IOG doesn't work thats true. But there's a work around where you can trigger orders on as high frequency as a second by second basis. Not tick by tick

Private message me your issue and can try to help

#18     Dec 30, 2021
  9. Hello arjunwhabi, PM does not seem to work on this message board. I would love to chat with you about your experience using multicharts portfolio trader, especially the "unattended" aspect. I have been using MC PT for live trading and have some safety features installed as well. It would be nice to compare notes. You can reach me via WhatsApp (I attached my QR code). I am in Austin Texas, USA (Central Time Zone). Best Captain_Trader

#19     Sep 13, 2022
  10. Will it execute the Set statements which are intrabar by default ???
    SetTrailing....
    SetBreakeven....
    etc.

#20     Sep 19, 2022