Anyone got feedback on UK broker Berkeley Futures (London)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jimmyrey, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

Looking for feedback based on anyone's recent experience of Berkeley Futures ....good, bad or indifferent?

I've looked under broker reviews here on ET and they aren't listed.

Anyone used them or got anything to say about them?

JR

2. Fazer

Fazer Guest

They offer rather limited futures markets and run of the mill third party trading platforms.

Example - if you want to trade some of the big energy contracts, you have to call them and ask how to go about doing it. Information is hidden its like they don't like customers trading Gasoline, Heating Oil etc.

3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

In the early to mid 00's, Berkeley had an off-shore operation in addition to London. I think it was Bahamian but I don't really recall. Anyway, that branch accepted US traders. A futures trader friend had an account with them. He opened with them to dabble with CFDs. I also remember he had to use J-Trader for futures. I know of nothing "bad" to mention (other than J-Trader).

4. mokwit

mokwit

They've been around since at least 1994 - that's all I know about them.

5. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

Thanks for the comments so far .......

Anyone in the UK logging on this AM use them or know of them?

Especially interested in your experience of their commissions & customer service....

JR

6. aetrade

aetrade

Anyone care to share their experiences with Berkeley Futures? They offer CQG and other platforms. What are their commission rates?