Anyone Got Any Good Crude Stories to Tell

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ayn Rand, May 23, 2019.

1. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I don't do commodities. But today must have been exciting for the people who do crude.

Recently, you had Russian take 2 million tonnes of bad crude off the market (it was actuallly in the pipe line) and then today crude market falls a little over 6%.

Hard to imaging too many people were short crude. A 6% move had to blow some people out.

Anyone playing the bounce up Big? or calling for a further correction. A lot of stops had to have been blown out.

SimpleMeLike and murray t turtle like this.
  2. gaussian

gaussian

James Cordier does.

SimpleMeLike, nooby_mcnoob and Nobert like this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Thought it was natural gas that got him????

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Unfortunately, my algos missed today's move. Caught yesterdays drop for a buck 20, dwarfed by today of course.

5. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I would love to know an algo that got today right. It came from no where.

I believe Monday is a US holiday. Perhaps not for other countries. Some traders have to be lock limit down going into a Holiday. Big traders would by multi national. Still - some people made and lost a lot of money today.

Got to be some stories out there.

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

All my algo needed was a quite day today, and if the move would have happened tomorrow, it would have caught it.

7. Nobert

Nobert

Funny thing, yesterday i was thinking about him, on my way to work ,...

Is that a complete loss of credibility (for a life time), what do you think ?

8. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I am sorry. You should have made a lot of money but you did not. You are the first trader I have ever heard this happen to. Bad luck. If you trade more often it will equal out.

Anyone want to put up how to play Monday? Or even the weekend.

I am thinking CL trades during the weekend.

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Funny :D

No it does not. CL will close at 5pm EST tomorrow and reopen at 6pm on Sunday. Monday is 1/2 day, with CME closing at 1PM EST, then reopen at 6pm.

10. gaussian

gaussian

Doubtful. He'll reincarnate. After all, he only lost investor money. I mean he wore an Armani suit and Rolex to his cryfest!

#10     May 23, 2019