Anyone getting Raped on NYSE Market orders?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Bullet, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mnx

mnx

TEX isn't hybrid is it? I got caught for that 50 cent drop yesterday morning... That got me shutdown for the day, total crap.

- mnx

#11     Dec 21, 2006
  2. I really would like to know more about routing and such with NYSE. I'm not sure how one is supposed to handle moves like that, seems you are in a one way street at that point. I have been baised towards nasdog but recently been trading more NYSE.

#12     Dec 21, 2006
  3. john99

john99

I know what you mean, especially when YM is moving. Fragmenting orders sounds like a good idea, or maybe just trade nasdaq stocks.

#13     Dec 21, 2006
  4. I dont understand this thing...

its 28 bid for 1500
    there is 27 bid for 2800 below

i sell 1k mkt------ no trades /no change in quotes nothing in t/s and im filled at 26

LOL -----wtf is happenig with the NYSE?

man Im buyin LAB to hold for other accounts

#14     Dec 21, 2006
  5. Now thats what I call a fair and orderely ass raping. Looks quite illegal as well.

#15     Dec 21, 2006
  6. Go ahead and laugh but OptionsXpress seems to be getting me fills so much better than anyone else. Why?

#16     Dec 21, 2006
  7. You should be able to file a complaint or SOMETHING with the NYSE compliance department. That is so totally wrong and awful. Does Thain know this is happening ? I doubt it !

#17     Dec 21, 2006
  8. nassau

nassau

your're right I had to accept and evolve as you state.
    I have been doing your suggestion now for a while. I also find that I will exit the trade on a limit order a few cents above or below current bid/ask so there is usually??? no excuse depending upon my position. appreciate your response.
    good luck with your trades

w

#18     Dec 21, 2006