Anyone get IB Positions Liquidated ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Glenn_Dude, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Anyone else get their positions liquidated @ IB because of MSFT split today ? .... My positions in msft s.s.Futures got liquidated , as well as my cousins account ... IB screwed up big time , I guess their system couldn't figure out the split & figured each position lost $25 /share .... my cousins account value went from approximatly $23.000.00 on Friday to less than $7.000.00 after the liquidations this A.M. . I've called them twice about it , it's been more that an hour and half & they haven't called me back yet to fix the situation . Meanwhile I'm watching the market go by .

2. in their quotes as well ...

perhaps they will get it all straightened out by the close

3. This is PURE B***SH** ....2 MINUTES AGO THEY LIQUIDATED SOME MORE POSITIONS .... IB , YOU SUCKKKK BIG TIME

4. Am I the only person at IB With MSFT positions that got scrood on this Mssg. board ?....no one else holding MSFT now or what ? Geezzz !!!!!

5. kowboy

kowboy

The account login page does not open. Is this just a coincidence?

6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Doesn't seem like anyone held MSFT overnight.
    Please try calling their Customer Support and see if
    they can figure out what the problem was.
    1 (877) 442-2757

Please keep us posted. Hopefully, they resolve the issue
    in your favor if it was a problem with their system.

7. sammybea

sammybea

yeah obviously they have to resolve it in your favor. Lets hope Def is paying attention on this one.

8. ktm

ktm

I'm sure IB will get it resolved. Although there may be some frustration on your part in the meantime. It seems odd that no one else has showed up with a MSFT long position. I thought about taking a small position in MSFT as well. Are there that many daytraders here?

9. No, there are just lots of multiple alias holders.

10. I guess everyone's a daytrader here , I mostly position trade ..... I'm surprised to know not too many traders wanted any part of MSFT over weekend , I thought $50 calls would appreciate dramatically over weekend ( $25 post split ) , so I bought a bunch last Friday & made 200% on them so far , sold half the position to get the rest at free cost .

#10     Feb 18, 2003