Anyone from Vancouver, Canada?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by vorzo, Jan 21, 2003.

1. God I wish I was! Sipping espresso at a sidewalk cafe; mountains on one side, ocean on the other. What more could you ask for?

#31     Mar 21, 2003
  2. vorzo

vorzo

There's a Bright office in town, so there should be some traders there :p

#32     Mar 21, 2003
  3. Hi, I'm from Vancouver in the Renfew area. I applied to PairCo which is actually Bright Trading in Langley and I'm going there later this week for an interview. Anyone know anything about Bright Trading's Langley office?

#33     Mar 24, 2003
  4. I was a trainee with SwiftTrade Vancouver from Sep 2002-Nov 2002. Unfortunately, none of the 8 trainees got the job. If you want to know more about my experience I'd be happy to share.

#34     Mar 24, 2003
  5. I know of a prop firm "traders club" in the Vancouver area...commissions beat anything I've seen so far.

#35     Mar 24, 2003
  6. smoove

smoove

I lived in vancouver right on jasper st near the water overlooking stanley park. I was thinking of staying for good but the rain was to much when i was there in dec-march. I was at the bright office which i was extremely impressed with. It is the best or close to it office in all of bright. I moved back to the east coast USA but hear that that office is still doing great with pairs and openings. I was with bright 2 years prior to going to the langley office and am still with them here in the states.

#36     Mar 24, 2003
  7. vorzo

vorzo

It's not really rain, it's only water:p But the city stays green year-round, so it's worth it.
    What's the minimum to sign up with Bright here in Van?

#37     Mar 24, 2003
  8. vorzo

vorzo

machine, are you back in town yet?

#38     Mar 24, 2003
  9. smoove

smoove

Vorzo, I think the standard minimum is $15k now, though that may vary if you have alot of experience. The manager there is named Rob and is a great guy, very experienced and consistantly profitable. And that office has a ton of free snacks.lol The city is beautiful, I just was to use to eastern time trading and more sun from growing up in south florida. cheers.

#39     Mar 25, 2003
  10. Can you please elaborate more on your experience with Swift in Vancouver.

I had an interview with them, just after I found out they were the company to stay away from (got the info from this board). Fortunately, I did not push through with tah opportunity.

You can pm me if you like.

Thx.

#40     Apr 2, 2003