Anyone from Vancouver, Canada?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by vorzo, Jan 21, 2003.

1. What's the high speed access availability like up there in Whistler?:)

#11     Jan 24, 2003
  2. corvus

corvus

Both DSL and cable are available. I use cable, very happy with the service. Not too expensive either (currently $35/mth for 2Mbps).

#12     Jan 24, 2003
  3. vorzo

vorzo

Checked out the gold show on Sun.
    Lots of people, lots of info. About gold starting to be recommended by big brokerage firms, how gold entered in a secular market, and how silver and other precious metals didn't pop yet and are due for a big move.
    Also doomsday predictions of mkt meltdown, Dow and gold crossing prices by the end of the year.
    Lots of companies presenting, most of them Canadian cos trading on the TSX or TSX.venture. A few interesting picks from gold analysts and newsletter editors.
    All in all, it was worth going.

#13     Jan 28, 2003
  4. mmuloin

mmuloin

Beware of those fly-by-night junior gold stocks on the TSX venture exchange. Most of these companies are nothing but a hole in the ground backed up by sleazy promoters. It hasn't really changed much from the years of Murray Pezim back in the 80's.

MM

#14     Jan 28, 2003
  5. machine

machine

I live in Vancouver (downtown). Trade with IB and Questrade. I'm abroad at this moment but will be happy to go for a glass of beer after my return on Feb 7.

#15     Jan 28, 2003
  6. vorzo

vorzo

That's the question, which ones to pick. I wasn't going to buy them anyway, especially that most trade on the TSX.v. Will watch a few just for fun.
    Who's Murray Pezim? :p

#16     Jan 29, 2003
  7. vorzo

vorzo

machine,

Great idea, let's do it. PM me when you get back. I say we extend the invite to the other Vancouver traders .

#17     Jan 29, 2003
  8. machine

machine

Vorzo, I will. Thanks!

#18     Jan 29, 2003
  9. damir00

damir00 Guest

anybody checked out bright trading in vancouver? anybody know why they put the office in the middle of nowhere? saying that's in vancouver is like putting an office on long island and saying it's in manhattan, lol.

#19     Feb 20, 2003
  10. i'm from the Vancouver area and traded at the Bright office in Langley...its a great location--seeing as how I lived 5 minutes from it ;)

#20     Feb 20, 2003