Anyone from Belgium on ET?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by jimmy s, Mar 17, 2009.

1. cvds16

cvds16

not everything is backtestable, the way I trade this could never be backtested fully unless you had several tf's playing back in semi-realtime. That's the only way you would achieve the same results as life.

#11     Apr 6, 2009
  2. jlc717

jlc717

I'll keep you guys posted on the book's progress! Lots of times Sylvain makes note that these indicators (the ones in his LOCKIT methodology) have been backtested for optimal performance, but I don't think I have the numbers included. So, technically, you have to take Sylvain's word for it (or test it yourself). I'll see if I can maybe add some appendix material to address this idea. Could be an interesting add to the book.

Thanks! One of my authors Steve Palmquist does a lot of work with backtesting and his book, Money-Making Candlestick Patterns, gives his research. He's going to be at our seminar in Vegas too (June). If you guys are in the area, you should come! It's a fun event--

Oh and I'm going to try to keep better tabs on my ET account. I do a lot of listening here. Always trying to come up with better ways to give our traders what they want!

#12     Apr 6, 2009
  3. paulus

paulus

Hi everyone,

I live in Belgium too ... would nog call myself a trader yet ... did a lot of trading in the past but lets say not in a very professional way : no tradingplan, backtesting, psychology etc ..

I intend to start over .. came back to Elitetrader to find information about backtesting.

In this regard I have 2 questions
    1) how does one do backtesting ?
    can you just write down ideas,
    that is transformed into computer
    language or does one need
    programming skills ?
    2) is backtesting necessarily or is
    simulation a better solution to
    find out whether 'your idea' will work ?

Kind regards,
    Paul

#13     Apr 17, 2009
  4. ANTWERP

trading ES futures.

#14     Apr 17, 2009
  5. I live in Belgium too

#15     Apr 17, 2009
  6. paulus

paulus

familiar with backtesting ?
    if so, can hou elaborate on that ?

#16     Apr 17, 2009
  7. Well, I'm only 8 years late in answering this thread ;-)

I'm originally from Belgium but lived in Sydney and London for the past 6 years. I recently moved back to Ghent.

On the off chance that there's still someone reading this, feel free to contact me if you want to go for a drink and talk trading!

#17     Jan 23, 2017