Anyone from Akron, OH or thereabouts?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by nofxn, Aug 21, 2003.

1. funky

funky

I'm originally from Norton, OH.

#21     Aug 26, 2003
  2. I think this thread should be forwarded to mayor Jane Campbell of Cleveland. Its interesting to hear from the large amount (and getting larger by the day) of people who "used to live" in this area. My question, why did you leave? Try to keep it SOMEWHAT serious ok?

#22     Aug 26, 2003
  3. I'm from Akron Ohio - graduated from Firestone High School -
    now trade in NYC metro area (Hoboken New Jersey)

#23     Aug 26, 2003
  4. Banjo

Banjo

This thread is going on a long time . Remember the time the river caught on fire. Grew up in Warrensville Heights, did some time @ Ohio U in Athens , O.U. in Columbus. Moved to So. Cal, U.S.C., Stanford. Live in L.A. , parents moved to Orange. High school buds in Chagrin Falls, Akron etc. Cleve. was downhill for a long time, last time I was there it was picking up a bit but can't do the weather any more. Brother still lives in Shaker.

#24     Aug 26, 2003
  5. Humidity, lack of blue, blue skies, rain, no view of the horizon, lack of rainbow trout......

#25     Aug 26, 2003
  6. nofxn

nofxn

Yeah, but there is something to be said for the changing seasons and the weather is so unpredictable that you really can't get bored by it.

#26     Aug 27, 2003
  7. nofxn

nofxn

facultus, I'd vote for an Akron office. Sure, Columbus and Cleveland are bigger cities, but Akron may be centrally located enough to pull from both areas (oh, and I already live here ;-)

#27     Aug 27, 2003
  8. :D I love Ohio and we're seriously thinking of moving back there, hence my past thread of a new office. I'm surprised that its hard to find if anyone has a Cinci office, I have not found one yet.

#28     Aug 27, 2003
  9. maxpi

maxpi

I was a Buckeye till age 12. I moved because my folks moved and for once they gave me the forwarding address!

I loved it there as a kid, good education, no noise out in the countryside where we were, never been back though. We grew so much food that I was a hunter gatherer as a kid!!

I ran across a guy that was in my third grade class a few years ago and he was in touch with everybody, I'm going to go back there when I retire and hook up with all the kids I knew for the fun of it. If I do that I may never want to leave, such a beautiful place in the fall. Or maybe I will just visit there every fall and avoid all the bugs in the summer time and the snow in the winter!! My dad had a photo of a telephone pole showing only the top 2 feet out of the snow right in front of the house. Wonder why he moved to California, huh?

:)

#29     Aug 27, 2003
  10. damir00

damir00 Guest

so nobody actually still in - rather than from - cleveland? moving to cleveland in a month, would be interested in meeting other traders.

#30     Oct 1, 2003