Anyone familiar with these platforms?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Arb Under Par, May 17, 2005.

1. anyone care to comment on the current state of these platforms , and their range of offerings
    compared lets say to Interactive Brokers ?

:)

#11     Sep 1, 2005
  2. With Merrill's switch to the PAX network, I am now using Preferred Trade (owned by Fimat). Only been on it for a couple of days, but can call it non-offensive. It's got a pretty nice analytics package (built for MM's), but unfortunately, no futures trading.

I am still waiting to get my hands on Liquid. I know that they are compatible with PAX, so hopefully not too far off. Still think that this is one of the premier software packages for option traders. The TOS guys know what they are doing and tend to be a joy to deal with.

Not sure what happened with Tradespeed. As was my concern, they never got their crap together. Was about to switch over to it when they told me that they didn't have access to index options. With Merrill's switch to PAX, I am not sure if they are even pursuing this anymore.

I think that my office was upset with Wolverine over their software fees for WEX, so never really pursued that.

The difference between all of these and TWS, is that IB is a retail brokerage firm and TWS is their proprietary platform. Not impressed with their option analytics, but at least you can trade everything from one platform. These other platforms were/are optional packages that I could use through my clearing firm and have a focus on options trading.

Cheers!

#12     Sep 2, 2005
  3. ProTrade Greg

ProTrade Greg ET Sponsor

We provide Wolverine's trading product as a solution to our professional traders. It's a very easy-to-use and straight forward program with all the necessary features a pro trader needs.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Greg Davis
    ProTradeFinancial.com

#13     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Andiebro

Andiebro

Cool site bud, I've also heard some stuff about the Core Options platform, I once tried it, but since I'm already used to the MT4 it has been quite hard to understand it well. I think that trading with options a good alternative to the currency trading, plus if I'm not mistake in order to do this you need a lot of fundamental analysis, right?

#14     Dec 10, 2008