Anyone experienced Forex.com

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by damo484, Jan 26, 2007.

1. drasfs

drasfs

im experienced with them. Ive been trading with them for 2 years now. I love their platform. Very simple. The spreads are fixe. instant execution on every trade.
    Great 200:1 leverage.

However im about to change broker, as the 3 pip spread is too much.

#11     Mar 21, 2007
  2. Dleiman

Dleiman

Are you? That's a price for a good broker(you said) - just 1-2 pips? I would not recomend forex.com but if you are really satisfied why don't you stay?

#12     Mar 21, 2007
  3. AC3

AC3

You think about it .....if Forex is your business and you trade on average 3x per day thats a total of 6 trades (3 Buys and 3 Sells) and if your size is say 300,000 Euro for instance... 1 pip on each side adds up fast:

6 deals x $10 (1 pip) x 3 lots = $180/day

when you take it on a week to week basis it adds up fast.

#13     Mar 22, 2007
  4. i agree and disagree...

the cost is relative depending on how a trader trades. you're right, it will add up to quite a bit and may significantly eat into your potential profits especially if you're scalping or trading very actively.

using myself as an example, i typically identify moves that yield upwards of 100 PIPs give or take and open/close trades about 3 times a week...so a couple of PIPs is meaningless for my style of trading. i have a few accounts one of which are with Gain with whom i pursue this kind of trading approach.

each trader should consider their trading approach in considering whether or not a couple of PIPs will make much of a difference to their overall profitibility. also take into account the stability and services the market maker offers since this in some ways overcomes the premium on some spreads offered if you can take advantage of those services.

again, this entirely depends on your overall trading approach and other personal preferences.

#14     Mar 26, 2007
  5. AC3

AC3

I agree with you completely. I don't scalp either and it wouldn't eat into my profits if I did my deals through Gain.

#15     Mar 26, 2007