Anyone ever buy a REAL trading system???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cashmoney69, May 19, 2008.

1. hausse

hausse

In the mid 90s I purchased Aberration and used it with excellent results for a number of years. I was attracted to it by the honesty of the developer, Mr. Keith Fitschen. Back then he said he can't know and guarantee that the system would continue to perform well in the future but he guarantees that the presented test results and his own trading results are true. What more can one expect?

Aberration was a highly useful learning experience of how successful systematic long term trading looks like and what day to day operation over several years entails. Having traded discretionarily until then it opened up a new world for me. I developed systems of my own and kept researching and developing ever since. I definitely recommend finding or developing a system and operating it.

There are honest vendors. Somewhere one has to learn. So books, systems and so on give ideas and are OK. Sure there are crooks and one can waste a lot of money, it is all tuition. In the end you decide what you allow to have a lasting influence on you.

And wondering why someone would sell a good system and why it would work better or worse because of selling it and why he shouldn't and if it is so good then why isn't he a zillionaire and so forth is a waste of time to me. Such musings are simply of no significance to me.

#41     May 20, 2008
  2. ScottD

ScottD

Mandelbrot, what a childish twirp you are.

Of the vast array of numb nuts here one could choose to target, you decide to cry about one of the normal people who actually trades for a living and adds value to the overall dialogue.

People see that Austin is saying that he teaches his discretionary method for a fee but doesn't sell an automated system. Capiche?

I guess you expect us to believe that you don't know the difference between a discretionary manual method and an automated system.

#42     May 20, 2008