Anyone ever buy a REAL trading system???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cashmoney69, May 19, 2008.

1. I think he was saying that he doesn't teach a mechanical system which is true. He obviously teaches a method, and no one has ever disputed that. You are really stretching here to find a reason not to like him it seems. Thats about all I have to say on this. Good luck finding an angry former customer, and sorry I dissapointed you in that regard!

#31     May 19, 2008
  2. blahablahbalbhablhalbhalbhablhabjhabhalbhalbhalhbalbhalhbalhbalhblabhalhbalhbalbhalbhalbhlahbalhblabhalhblahbahbalbhlahblabhalbhblahahboabalbhlahblahbalhblahbblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbhalbhlahbalkhbalhbalbhlahblahblahbalhblabhlahblah

... I don't pay attention to liars.

You're officially on ignore. :D

Save if for the folks who can't put two-and-two together and take your system (which you don't sell) :p - and then go looking for help on the PnL Thread, so glad you mentioned it. :eek:

#32     May 19, 2008
  3. <i>"Are you all talk and zero walk like you have been thru all incarnations here? Quit the multicolored, fancy-font crap and post a trade blotter in the big boys thread for once in your life. You profess to have NT... let's see it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    blahablahbalbhablhalbhalbhablhabjhabhalbhalbhalhbalbhalhbalhbalhblabhalhbalhbalbhalbhalbhlahbalhblab
    halhblahbahbalbhlahblabhalbhblahahboabalbhlahblahbalhblahbblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbhalbhlahb
    alkhbalhbalbhlahblahblahbalhblabhlahblah

... I don't pay attention to liars.
    You're officially on ignore. </i>

Let me see if I have this straight: one of us has posted live trade blotters in ET P&L 2008 thread and one of us has never once done anything but post 20+ rants per day on average that equal one big mountain of horsesh*t.

Of those two, you're calling me the liar?

Honestly, you cannot make this ET stuff up :cool: :cool:

#33     May 19, 2008
  4. Dear AustinP:

You are very very confused.

The thread topic is: Anyone very buy a REAL trading system??

Someone had mentioned in previous posts that they had purchased yours, but then were asking for help on the PnL thread.

I figured they would enjoy giving cashmoney69 his their input, and told him to go seek them out.

You then claimed to not be a system seller, nor to ever have sold a trading system.

The person then came on here and gave a glowing review, even going so far as to say that the problem was their own.

This dialogue seems to put you all in a huff (I don't know why, he DID give you a great review :D ).

You should be happy that people can now seek you and purchase your system (which according to your previous posts, you don't sell, but whatever :p ).

From the responses of some of the posters around here, you should be doing a flush business from your Elite Trader intake ... LOL.

Maybe one day you will give Baron his due, who knows? :eek: :D :p

#34     May 19, 2008
  5. <i>"You should be happy that people can now seek you and purchase your system (which according to your previous posts, you don't sell, but whatever)"</i>

What happened to ignore?

A "system" is what this thread describes: specific instructions for trade entry, trade management and trade exit parameters in black & white fashion. Those parameters can be tweaked or left alone, but the term "system" defines mechanical blackbox approach.

I quit systems trading back in 2004. You and I have exchanged pleasantries about that specific topic, several of your banned aliases ago.

I have nothing to do with offering = providing systems that someone can blindly follow. I myself trade price action thru visual discretion... a religion you seem to have recently embraced.

Like I told jimmyjam (remember him?) countless times before... if you'd leave me alone to talk about trading, bees or whatever, there would be no need for Baron to be concerned.

To be honest, if it weren't for people just like you in ET, this might be a decent place to spend $500 monthly in promotion. If Baron ever decides to clean out the riffraff posers, he'd probably attract many more sponsers than present.

Looking forward to posting my next trade blotter right after yours in the P&L 2008 thread. See ya there, jam :p

#35     May 19, 2008
  6. jsp326

jsp326

Right. Let's say you have a day job, but have developed a solid, robust system that's done well in backtesting and real-time/out-of-sample testing. It's not a Holy Grail. It goes through drawdowns, and generates anywhere from 20 to 50% per annum--not "double your money every month" or other ridiculous claims. However, you're convinced it's better than 98% of the stuff out there and would like to trade it yourself or manage money with it eventually. If you have a relatively small account, do you wait more than a decade to realistically trade for a living? Or do you decide to sell/lease/autotrade it for others?

For the vast majority of system vendors, this isn't the case, but I'm sure it is for a few.

#36     May 19, 2008
  7. Thanks for saying that, jsp326. That is exactly my situation and I am sure there are others out there. It goes without saying that a good trading system is NOT enough to raise capital for a fund.

Sincerely,
    Daryl

#37     May 19, 2008
  8. <i>"If you have a relatively small account, do you wait more than a decade to realistically trade for a living? Or do you decide to sell/lease/autotrade it for others?"</i>

Depends. Are the paramters simple enough to be malleable, or is it too restricted = curve fit for application across numerous markets and timeframes?

The public systems other posters here mentioned buying since slowed down or quit performing due to overwhelming use. Even the ES and Bonds will saturate a system if enough people using the exact-same parameters are hitting entries & exits on the mark.

If the system rules are malleable, it can be offered to the public with understanding that any single default setting will probably cease to work in time.

(disclaimer: short NQ from 2047.50 and 2043.50 on 2x size sold down as I type. Seeking exit at pivot point 2030.00 for +15pts NQ x2 normal size)

#38     May 19, 2008
  9. nikglik

nikglik

I use the signals from www.stockmis.com. They have given me enough profit till now the last three months.

#39     May 20, 2008
  10. several years ago i purchased about 10 systems (fully disclosed) from Dennis Meyers. Good solid stuff imo, and not expensive

He's published varients of his systems since the mid 90s in TASC primarily

www.meyersanalytics.com

No affiliation.

#40     May 20, 2008