Anyone ever buy a REAL trading system???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cashmoney69, May 19, 2008.

1. farjeon

farjeon

I bought Aberration in June '98. One of the reasons I bought it was that the trading rules were fully disclosed so I was able to spend some months backtesting. I started trading it in November '98, however by '04 the returns had started to drop off so I bought Trading Recipes (and have since upgraded to Mechanica) and developed my own trend following system which I started to implement in April '05.

The attached graph shows the results of every trade I have ever made (mostly using Aberration and then my own system). This is a 25% per year compound rate of return with one losing year (-11.48% in 2003). I should also say that I lost 8.69% in the two months I traded in '98.

So yes, it can be done and for me was a great way of learning about trading.

#21     May 19, 2008
  2. Alright man, I know you as a straight shooter, so I'll respect your wishes and take your word for it, thanks for the service you have provided to ET and cashmoney69.

If what you're saying is true, he might very well be one of the few truly honest - emphasis on honest - vendors out there. I would even go so far as to say that the number of honest vendors is probably less than 3%, same as the number of successful traders ...

... and thanks to baggerlord for the service he has provided to ET also, ROTFLMAO. :D

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. :p

P.S. Great thread cash, a surprising success.

#22     May 19, 2008
  3. I bought a trading system. It is still in the box, I never opened it. I knew if I ever opened it, I would be admitting defeat.

#23     May 19, 2008
  4. Bought Abberation about a decade ago. Works well, but long term commodities only. Its trend following. I don't actually trade it however as my time frame is shorter, and I am a discretionary trader. I seem incapable of taking system signals.

Point is, it is the real deal.

#24     May 19, 2008
  5. Wow, that's deep.

I bought a system when I frist started ... but then after getting the double-talk, defensive bullshit, run-around, trash-talk yada yada yada that most of these vendors seem to make part of their de facto script I shucked it and figured-out how to trade for myself.

#25     May 19, 2008
  6. Disapointed I had something good to say? I guess that isn't what you invited me to this thread for.

#26     May 19, 2008
  7. Why not teach other people your trading system?....the more

people that use it, the more it will become a self-fulfilling

prophecy, and therefor more likely to work in the traders favor.

#27     May 19, 2008
  8. You misunderstand my friend.

Not only am I delighted at your intelligent, thoughtful and honest reply, but I am sure that cashmoney69 and everyone else reading this thread is happy to know the details of austinp's trading system ... you know, the one that he doesn't sell, never sold and is not in the business of selling, hell, just ask anyone. :p

Here, let me refresh your memory, LOL.

Hate to belabor the obvious folks. But some people just don't "get it". No wonder he [austinp] doesn't have anytime to post with us here on ET, he's too busy teaching you guys :mad: ... :p

#28     May 19, 2008
  9. No ... what happens in the retail market has no impact
    on price action.

None whatsover.

Nada.

Zip.

Zippo.

Nunca.

Never.
    We piggy-back on the tails of instutitional and professional money managers cashmoney69.

#29     May 19, 2008
  10. <i>"No wonder he [austinp] doesn't have anytime to post with us here on ET, he's too busy teaching you guys ... "</i>

JimmyJam, I don't have time to post 20 times of nothing put pure bullsh*t intraday like you have already today. Your ES is moving straight up the charts without ya... too busy driveling in here, wasting your time.

I'll ask you a second time in this thread, in case you missed it the first time. Where are your posts in the P&L 2008 thread? Hell, at this point no one cares if you are profitable or not. ET would just like to know if you really have a trading account, period.

Are you all talk and zero walk like you have been thru all incarnations here? Quit the multicolored, fancy-font crap and post a trade blotter in the big boys thread for once in your life. You profess to have NT... let's see it.

#30     May 19, 2008