Anyone ER2 scalping?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by EqtTrdr, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Just curious about peoples' opinions of the number of contracts you or anyone know you of uses when scalping ER2?

Or even what is the max number of contracts you can conisder safe to use as a "market order" without losing much in the way of slippage on the ER2 contract?

Thanks!!

2. not as liquid as es.

3. Well,

You would never want to use a market order when entering a scalp in the first place, and preferably not when exiting either (although stops become market orders). I try to use limit orders on both sides.

ER2 is definitely thinner than ES, but if you have to ask this question, I wouldn't worry about it for awhile. Its plenty liquid for typical retail traders.

Jay

4. appreciate the insight...

I only trade NQ now and trying to get the feel for ER2..

I am currently trying to apply an automated system (I use profitably on Nq)
    to Er2 and wondering how bad slippage will be when trying to implement it..

thanks again for opinions

5. thanks..

My entires would be limits, but my exits would be a stop market, as I currently have applied to NQ which works well for me.

So on er2 I am afraid to use the same methodology as I wouldn't want to cause unnecessary slippage.

Have a great day!

6. Your slippage will only be a tic or two in most cases, unless the market is really hauling, or super thin at odd hours (may even be a tic then, but I don't pay attention to such trading times).

Jay