Anyone else's IBALGO presets getting wiped out every few days with new TWS?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Shadetree42, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ever since the change to 972.1p (new version of TWS stable), any slight tweak they make to TWS causes all of my IBALGO order presets to lose their settings. Start time, End time, Pct of volume, etc.

It's extremely aggravating, and they of course are blaming it on my "corrupt" settings file. Seems unlikely, but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue with saved IBALGO preset order types. Trading US stocks, if it matters.

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

It'd be good to know what your settings files are doing -- have you
    1) restored them,
    2) checked that they're 'good' in Global Config,
    3) then made a spare settings file ('algosetAug27.xml' or similar),
    4) and then logged out with Save Settings to IBServer as normally,
    5) AND THEN rebooted your entire computer and TWS on the same day?

(JEEZ that's involved.)

At any rate, 1) this would be good for you AND for IB to know, and
    2) it'd be good to know whether you can do a Settings Recovery and have it stick -- that too would tell you AND IB some small-but-important things.

GOOD LUCK.
    YES, it's very aggravating.

FWIW, I had issues too with this 972.1p, and was really not looking forward to getting on this morning. But when I did, I noticed ALL WAS WELL, and without ANY action on my part. ("Whaaaaaaat?")
    Yep.

GOOD LUCK again.

And NO, NOT and IBALGO user, but I have had similar issues (we've *all* had similar issues) with IB/TWS in the past. Great speed; great platform; great accounts/arrangements (once all the details are sussed...). But yeah. Sometimes, :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  3. Thanks. Do you have any IBALGO presets and if so, were they unaffected by the TWS version change?

4. So I finally gave in and decided to start with a fresh settings file. I emptied c:\Jts completely and unchecked Save/Load Settings to Server.

Everything looked fresh except when I went to Presets, and there are all my (corrupted) presets.

W-T-F. Anyone know how to truly get rid of all old settings? Clearly emptying C:\Jts was not enough.

5. It must be grabbing old settings from the server somehow. Does anyone know how to wipe the server settings?