Anyone else workout in here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Matt24SPFL, Feb 20, 2007.

1. newtoet

newtoet

I got that feeling on his 2nd post of this thread. And then he started PM'ing everyone who showed interest.

[​IMG]

#31     Feb 20, 2007
  2. 1) I have never met this guy

2) I am trying to do you a favor

He can be found on alibaba.com as a vendor.

Just trying to save you the time. Sorry for presenting it that way.

I am just very eager to help others.

Or you can go ahead and get ripped off at snyderhealth.

The choice is yours. :)

I had to add this in that it upsets me that I actually try to go out of my way to help you and you disrespect me by coming out here and saying this..

Why the hell would I come onto friggin elitetrader to sell detox pads?!?!?!?!?!?! You're a trader, find some logic in that... Good luck

#32     Feb 20, 2007
  3. You definitely might want to sit back here and let things unfold.....

I PM'd no one but this guy b/c he inquired.

Or you can leave up your message, continue to pay on your 7.5% 30 year mortgage note, eat your "healthy choice" snacks and take your Lipitor for your 'cholesterol problem.'

I'd suggest that you just calm down and contribute to this board in a positive way.

Have a nice day.

#33     Feb 20, 2007
  4. My favorite exercise is one handed snatches. :) Builds big delts and traps..

You like deadlifting too?

#34     Feb 20, 2007
  5. I used to live out in teh country, I've eaten 'coon before.. spam can't be THAT bad..

#35     Feb 20, 2007
  6. yes. even though i have short arms (relative to my legs), i like to deadlift

the only problem with deadlifting is that it is a very different movement pattern than the clean pull, and you have to be careful not to start "deadlifting your cleans"

in deadlifting, among other distinctions, you generally lean back and have the weight on the heels (or at least you should). in cleaning, you have your weight over the midpoint of the foot.

etc.

but deadlifts rule

i once did the 20 reps squats program. maybe one day i will try 20 reps deadlifts!

or not

:)

#36     Feb 20, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Welcome to ET, lots of trashing of sincere people here, it may not be as vicious as it seems, people just might be trying to protect the site from spammers, just deal with it if you can.

Awesome thread and thanks for the help to date. I'll have lots of questions eventually. I have a buddy from Thailand that helped me with my physical problems when I was just starting to try to get in shape years ago, I never forgot the friendly help from him and I promised I would study the trading and when I started to hit the big time I would get back to him and we would buy a gym or something. This kind of advice is of as much value if not more than trading advice because like my ancient old aunt used to say "if you don't have your health you don't have much of anything". Keep up the good work.

#37     Feb 20, 2007
  8. I start my workout with 6 raw eggs lightly shaken, never stirred. From there it's 15 minutes of light stretching. Next it's 50 push ups, 15 chin ups and 3 sets of 75 situps. After that it's two quick rotations of the various free weight exercises. Then it's out the front door for a one mile wind sprint through the neighborhood. This is a real treat for the local housewives as I always go shirtless. At the end of the mad dash it's off with the shoes and shorts for a commando style 25 laps in the pool. The workout usually ends with a one hour session with the still hot Mrs. Rennick. This workout has produced a legendary physique. Wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hip with massive arms. They don't call me Gunboat Rennick for nothin. :cool: :D :cool:

#38     Feb 21, 2007
  9. The older I get the more I resemble John Candy..I still get the girls though!:D

#39     Feb 21, 2007
  10. You know Matt, I was simply pointing out the obvious. A new poster on a message board referring me to a yahoo email address to purchase a miracle product. Now, take a step back and look at how that looks to myself, or anyone here.

ET has been hit with all forms of spammers, so keep that in mind. We've seen people spamming everything from pirated software, electronics, etc. etc. Adding a workout supplement to the mix would not be a surprise. There's your logic.

As I said in my PM back to you, if your friend had a website with a legit looking business, that would be a little different story. In today's age of scams and spams, sending a blind email to a yahoo email address to purchase some detox pads seems a little sketchy to say the least. If I then came back later and told people that I got ripped off they would point out the obvious - why on Earth purchase a product you know nothing about from an anonymous email address to begin with???

How about this - post a link to your buddy's stuff on alibaba. Or post a few direct links to the products on alibaba that you recommend. For someone new to this, it's alot to digest when starting out. What products/vendors on alibaba do you recommend? Again, direct links would be great. If you don't want to post them here, feel free to PM them to me.

#40     Feb 21, 2007