Anyone else trade with a blood presure cuff?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by macho grande, Jun 20, 2011.

1. One of the negative aspects of raising children is stress,
    One of the negative aspects of being married is stress,
    One of the negative aspects of living life is stress,
    One of the negative aspects of xxxxxxx is stress,

#11     Jun 21, 2011
  2. Stress = bad, but honestly before I turned into a mess worrying about my BP it was actually pretty good while trading.

I can't imaging you'll see anything like what the levels of some of the guys on the floor are though. I'm sure it's off the charts at times.

#12     Jun 21, 2011
  3. The op asks a serious question and 10 replies on erectile dysfunction. didn't know there we so many limp traders on ET. I thought I was the only one.

20 points rise in BP is classic fight or flight response. That is why the old timers say good trading should be 'boring'.

There are many biofeedback tools available that can hook into your computer. One can monitor BP, heart rate along with your trading. This is actually a good goal, try to get to a place where no rise in BP.

#13     Jun 21, 2011
  4. I am curious what a graph of blood pressure superimposed on the SP500 index graph looks like. Does anyone have such a graph?

#14     Jun 21, 2011
  5. If you are the least bit in touch with your own psyche , you should not need a blood pressure machine to know you are about to have an embolism

#15     Jun 27, 2011
  6. This happens at the doctors office also from the anxiety you get from the expected reading. A good doctor knows this and keeps doing it until you are relaxed.

#16     Jun 27, 2011
  7. themadman

themadman

I don't see the need for this.

You either have a proven strategy, or you don't trade cash.

If you do, what are you worried about ?

And the sizing, should be progressive not drastic upsizing, if there's a proven plan for everything the suggestion is ridiculous.

There's no need for this unless you doing things the wrong way.

THE Madman

#17     Jun 27, 2011

8. When they do you in, pray its someone who knows where to shoot.

#18     Jun 28, 2011
  9. it is important for traders to get fit like to train running for aerobic base training. You know why?

So that even at the most stressful conditions, the heart still beats slow!
    An untrained individual would have a high heart rate that would eventually lead to high blood pressure.

#19     Jun 28, 2011
  10. bonchi07

bonchi07

I have heard of this tool. Could you tell me where did you get it? I am very interested in acquiring one.
    Thanks

#20     Jun 29, 2011