Anyone else think Elliot Wave is a bunch of hooey?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by swtrader, May 22, 2004.

1. pspr

pspr

Only if you don't study spelling, syntax and grammar. :D

#31     May 23, 2004
  2. Why you presist to emphasize my English and not be address merit to obsrevation I be making? You not be understand it? It very easey. Good English not make man smartly.

#32     May 23, 2004
  3. i lite yuor eNglishy cos moor gooder dan my. :)

#33     May 23, 2004
  4. I give up.

#34     May 23, 2004
  5. Q

Are there any market advisors that you pay attention to?
    Marty Zweig and Ned Davis are great; Bob Prechter is the champion. Prechter is the best because he is the ultimate market opportunist.

What do you mean by opportunist?
    The reason he has been successful is that the Elliot Wave theory allows one to create incredibly favorable risk/reward opportunities. That is the same reason I attribute a lot of my own success to the Elliot Wave approach.

--- Market Wizards (J Schwager), P.130

UQ
    :confused:

#35     May 23, 2004
  6. None that you know of Steve but it exists. Email me and I'll call you and explan it to you. You are one of the few people I've run across that might understand it.

Prof

#36     May 23, 2004
  7. mmm

mmm

Has anyone here quantifiably and rigorously backtested EW?

Without doing such a test, I don' t think anyone can make any conclusion about the usability of EW.

-- mmm

#37     May 23, 2004
  8. How can man past test Eliot waving then no understandling is common to the all? Book not writtening on plainly English, make no sensing. Price map all tell. Only watching price map. How oftening seeing pricing reversiling when to follow three down arm? Any fool see. No talk longer than day, mean inside the day, explicitty the timing precedant middaily mealtaking.

#38     May 23, 2004
  9. pspr

pspr

Is this a new Nostradamus quatrain?

#39     May 23, 2004
  10. Jack Schwager's "Market Wizards."

#40     May 23, 2004