anyone else taking some time off?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robbie380, Aug 24, 2008.

Who else is going on vacation?

1. Yeah I'm gonna relax until labor day

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Nah the trading is good...no breaks!

33 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. nah i think this is the first time since i have started trading about 4 1/2 years ago that i have wanted to pretty much avoid the market. the only way i can get my brain to relax is be totally out of the market. actually, i think this is the first holiday i've taken since i started trading. i took friday off and today also. who knows maybe i will head in to the office tomorrow to check things out.

who knows i could be missing out on 100's of thousands of dollars but one guy at the office did text me after the close today and say he was taking the rest of the week off. so maybe my timing isn't that bad :p

also i tend to make a lot of money during those times when you said you take off in december. i made a lot of money last august and i killed it this july and it's a good thing i got up quick this august so i will still have a good paycheck even if i don't trade another day this month.

anyhow...i was just seeing if anyone else was taking off...not looking for validation of my decision :D

#21     Aug 25, 2008
  2. port dont you have some FNM and FRE that you need to buy at 10 bucks? i can get to work early tomorrow and put some offers out there for you to hit if you want in at 10.

#22     Aug 25, 2008
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I feel really lazy now... It's my first year as a professional and I take 2 months off...LOL

On a side note, July and August have been really slow for me...I'm making less than half the money I was making during winter and spring, same regularity but just fewer trades... so it was OK to quit.

#23     Aug 26, 2008
  4. IMO, vacations are just that.......time to get away from computers and do something else that you love to do. Bringing a laptop is just bringing your office with you. Not for me!! When I'm out west flyfishing at some beautiful lake, I'm there to give myself a break. When I return, I'm ready to work.
    [​IMG]

#24     Aug 26, 2008
  5. It's good to be the king of your life isn't it. :cool:

#25     Aug 26, 2008
  6. It is better to take some time off when there's no clear trend.
    Trading is a VERY seasonal business.

It's better to feel lazy than losing money, let's put it this way: How you want to feel, lazy or poor?

#26     Aug 26, 2008