Anyone else see Wasserman-Schultz get lit up by Chris Wallace?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 10, 2012.

1. Obama promised the American people he would do that before he got elected

#31     Jan 11, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Do you see Obama out there putting his own personal money into companies and just pumping more and more into them with no expectation of being paid back?

Be honest here, would Obama simply invest his own PERSONAL money into companies, then throw caution to the wind, and simply not care whether or not he gets a return on his investment, or whether he gets paid back?

#32     Jan 11, 2012
  3. Obama never promised to invest his own money into green companies.The millions of times Obama mentioned during the 2008 campaign he would invest in green energy as president it was clear he was talking about tax payer dollars

No I don't think Obama would carelessly give his personal money to a company doomed to fail but I don't agree with you that he backed a loan to Sylandra knowing they would fail

In a political sense if Romney tries to counter Bain job losses with Slyandra Obama was fulfilling a promise he made to the American people while running for president to invest in green energy and Mitt is a Gordon Gecko

#33     Jan 11, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I never said that he(Obama) backed a loan expecting it to fail, i said that he provided a loan(solyndra), where it simply didnt matter to him personally whether or not they failed, as it was not his own money.

Once again i will point out that there is no difference in a bankruptcy, between Obama, and Gordon Gekko, when a company is sold off to pay back the investors.

#34     Jan 11, 2012
  5. I agree with that 100 %

In politics though the motives that made Obama back a loan to Slyandra which failed and the motives that made Mitt invest in the companies that failed makes a difference imo

Democrats will say one guy invested for a good cause for America,green energy,less dependence on foreign oil,lower gas prices for Americans etc and the other guy invested for personal greed

#35     Jan 11, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

And how can democrats come to the conclusion that Romney's goals were any less noble??? How do you guys know he didnt invest with a goal of trying to keep companies afloat and maintain jobs?

Why are Obama's intentions noble simply because he invested TAX PAYERS dollars in a cause that liberals believe in?

#36     Jan 11, 2012
  7. This is politics,they don't care.Democrats will try to turn Romney into Gordon Gekko,even Newt is starting to do it.Newt doesn't have the money and the media to get this message out,but Obama does

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_evS-T-c35M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#37     Jan 11, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

We have now gone full circle, and im glad that you have admitted it.... this is nothing more than a dishonest/unfair talking point which the Dems will use to attack Romney, Cheers.

#38     Jan 11, 2012
  9. Republicans do it to Obama all the time Max

I didn't say they were dishonest/unfair,I said they didn't care

#39     Jan 11, 2012
  10. Newt and Perry are trying to do it also,they don't have the resources that Obama does though

The youtube vid I posted was from a Newt Gingrich Pac who doesn't have the resources to get the video /message beyond youtube

#40     Jan 11, 2012