Anyone else See Mark Cuban on Bill Maher?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 16, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Well, of course. Since it requires a membership the fucking public servants will tax it.

#11     Jul 20, 2011
  2. I guess I still fail to comprehend what differentiates Mark Cuban from any and all hedge fund managers, traders, investment bankers, etc...It sort of sounds as though you resent any and all people who acquire their wealth thru asset inflation?

I don't disagree to be honest as I've written oftentimes on here about how I lament our transition from an economy that produces "things" into an economy that simply trades pieces of paper back in forth in a greater fool type of game. BUT, be that as it may, almost all mega-wealth nowadays is generated this way. After all, the wage earner is taxed to the hilt and has no way to leverage that wealth...

Now, back to a more pertinent question. If you were a Cubs fan, would you rather have Tom Ricketts and family in the ownership position or Mark Cuban?

#12     Jul 20, 2011
  3. bone

bone

Whomever can write the check for Albert Puhols.

#13     Jul 20, 2011
  4. Ten minutes ago I read Altucher’s article about Cuban's luck.

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2011/04/why-im-jealous-of-mark-cuban-and-5-things-i-learned-from-him/

#14     Jul 20, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

I think that Cuban would have been successful regasrdless of whether or not he sold that company during the tech bubble, I mean i think he would have made himself a multimillionaire, I think that anyone who works their ass off their entire life can make themselves into a multi millionaire.

But i do believe that you have to be in the right place at the right time to make yourself a billionaire in the way cuban did. There are lots of guys out there who have made themselves into billionaires, who still would have been succesful, and would have been multi millionaires, but needed the extra push that a bubble creates to get themselves into billionaire area.

So in a sense, he was lucky to be able to sell his dogshit company at the right place at the right time, and sell it for a thousand times what it was worth, but he probably would have been a multi millionaire regardless of whether or not he had the bubble helping him.

#15     Jul 21, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

I don't give the guy a second thought. I used to think he was obnoxious. After seeing him sit meekly on Maher I think he is an obnoxious pussy.

#16     Jul 21, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree. I'm not saying the guy is stupid. I'm not jealous or envy of him and I don't want to confiscate his wealth. Let him be. All I am saying is I don't respect him. That's all.

#17     Jul 21, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, i pretty much think he is a douche too.

#18     Jul 21, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No. Let me try to clear this up. I don't resent him. I simply don't respect a guy who for the most part got very lucky and once he did get lucky, did nothing to give back to society. Instead he runs around the world as a playboy wannabe when in reality, he is an obnoxious asshole.

There are some hedge fund managers I have a lot of respect for. Many in which I don't. It has nothing to do with wealth. All of us acquire our wealth through asset inflation in one form or another. Has nothing to do with that.

I could give two shits who runs the Cubs. The Cubs don't need a guy like Cuban running the team. It's already the world's largest outdoor frat party. I doubt Cuban would do anything to change that.

#19     Jul 21, 2011
  10. I agree, he hit the lottery as he happened to be in the right industry at the right time. I don't particularly like the guy either, he has a very strange vibe about him.

#20     Jul 21, 2011