Anyone else on NutriSystem here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Just wondering if there is anyone else on NutriSystem here. I'm not one to push a product or anything on this forum for fear of getting called a spammer or something, but I have to say that the NS system has been great for me.

I know weight loss is something many of us struggle with and NS has been the first program that I've been able to stick with easily AND lose weight. It just works very well for me, but I'll let the numbers do the talking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm as skeptical as anyone else, but I've tracked my progress through this Excel sheet to track what was really going on instead of me hoping or guessing. Since the start I went from wearing XL in shirts (and some of those fit a little snug) to now easily getting into a L. It's been about 8 years or so since I could say that. That's a pretty good feeling in my book.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else is/was on NS and how it went. I know all the ads say 'results not typical' but since I've been on the NS way of eating, I've consistently lost weight and have learned how to eat better. I think the keys for my success has been:

1) Easy to follow the plan they put in place.

2) VERY convenient to follow that plan. You eat lots of fresh veggies and low fat things that you add to the entrees that they supply to you.

If anyone is interested in giving NS a try, send me a PM with your email address and I can send a $30 'buddy buck' coupon where you get $30 off your first order. There's no obligation or anything and if you do end up purchasing, I get 30 bucks off as well. A win/win for everyone!

Just thought I'd share my real-life example since sitting in front of your computer all day does not always lead to the best eating habits.

2. Couldnt you just imply the gist of it, and mention, roughly, whats in the meals?:D

3. Congratulations Brownsfan. Keep it going! :)

4. JIST OF IT: I have lost 25 lbs on NutriSystem since the middle of March.

MEALS: NS provides the entree, you add salad and veggies. A LOT of fresh food is added to the entree provided by NS.

List of foods: http://tinyurl.com/2cv65z

I have found that of the meal choices available, I like about 80% of what is offered. And I would not eat this consistently if it tasted like cardboard.

Hopefully that works for those looking for the reader's digest version. :D

5. trendo

trendo

brownsfan,
    Congrats on your weight loss.
    1. What do you do for exercise?
    2. How much does the program cost?
    3. What is your goal weight?

6. But you could eat virtually anything in an entree size, with lots of fresh vegies /produce and have a good meal base for weight loss.

Hmm, if only i could figure out what their secret is.............
    :p

Seriously though, thats great, i sure wouldnt have the disclipline to do that, and its not as though i cant cook, either.

7. Quote from trendo:

brownsfan,
    Congrats on your weight loss.

1. What do you do for exercise?

I do a heavy weight lifting routine once a week and then do some sort of cardio during the week - biking, swimming, etc.

2. How much does the program cost?

If you do the auto-ship, which is what I do (food is shipped to you monthly automatically) it's $277/mo currently for me. On auto-ship you get a discount and after your 3rd auto-ship the discount is larger.

3. What is your goal weight?

Going into this I thought that getting close to 200 would be incredible. And I am just about there already. I'd like to stay in the 185-200 lb range. Once you hit your goal, you can ween off the NS program now that the plan is in place. For me, it's been great to learn what is the proper way to eat and then coming off of NS I know what my meals should look like.

8. It's not rocket science that's for sure. For me, just getting a plan in place is what was needed. Just like trading - you can attempt to wing it and see how it goes, or you can put in writing a map of how to get from point A to point B.

One important thing to note is that while portion size is really important, that does not mean you can tear into a pizza as long as there's a salad and some celery there as well. Fat count and calorie count are important as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Like I said, if you are interested, send me a PM with your email address (that's all I need, nothing else) and you can get a $30 coupon. I wish I would have gotten that coupon on my first order! :D

9. I fell for it. The commercial says, "just eat the food". I've always been an overachiever - I'm up to September, and I haven't lost a pound.

Next, I'm trying the Sopranos diet. "Stop eatin', you fat bastard."

Thanks for the post, I was curious about the system, given the stock has been shorted todeath, and looks interesting.

10. tiger - it probably doesn't work for everyone, but it has been solid for me. I've also added some good workouts and cardio to the mix as well. My girlfriend is doing NS as well, and while she has lost some weight, not as much as me. Difference being she's doing very little weight workouts to compliment the NS.

#10     Jun 25, 2007